lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
brownt335
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help installing AMP. with Stereo and speakers

Where to locate and help wiring amp to stereo system!
Some pics. may help.
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMP. Install 001.jpg (161.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg AMP. Install 002.jpg (118.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg AMP. Install 003.jpg (214.6 KB, 20 views)
brownt335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help installing AMP. with Stereo and speakers

Nice pods!
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
brownt335
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks,
Fit like a glove, enhances speaker sound with music comin @ you, not from the top, btm, back, ect.
Seen some that cover part of glove box and others that are bigger with tweeter pod connected. I still have full size glove box if I wish to enclose it some day!
Just sayin,.... for me it works.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownt335 View Post
Thanks,
Fit like a glove, enhances speaker sound with music comin @ you, not from the top, btm, back, ect.
Seen some that cover part of glove box and others that are bigger with tweeter pod connected. I still have full size glove box if I wish to enclose it some day!
Just sayin,.... for me it works.
If I had to do it over again, I would probably do something like you did. I bought an overhead console and like the sound and the receiver's easy to see and adjust without leaning forward. However, now I'm stuck with a zillion wires running up inside the roof struts.

I would like to have the option of pulling off the roof on pretty days and nights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2245.jpg (117.7 KB, 14 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
jonequest
Gone Wild

I know what you mean about the roof. I have speakers in the dash holes but rear ones behind my head on the roof. To remove the roof I will need to add a quick connect plug somewhere. Check the sub in the rear bagwell. It is a leftover from my freinds old Sony surround system. The rear "soundbar" is actually two Sony speakers taken off the floor mounts, cut in a chop saw then epoxied together and painted black. Since they were free I had nothing to lose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 005.jpg (145.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 006.jpg (146.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 015.jpg (160.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 017.jpg (133.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 010.jpg (133.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
brownt335
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice job! Very neat look with everything in the right place! Sub looks great in bagwell and good thinkin with the velcro to hold front speaker covers!
Think i'll put my sub in bagwell as soon as I build A flip seat for the back. We use the area to store groceries now.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownt335 View Post
Nice job! Very neat look with everything in the right place! Sub looks great in bagwell and good thinkin with the velcro to hold front speaker covers!
Think i'll put my sub in bagwell as soon as I build A flip seat for the back. We use the area to store groceries now.
Thanks for the compliments. I used to install car audio, cruise controls, etc. for a living a long time ago. I was not trying to make anything show quality which is why it looks ghetto with the covers off. But the truth is that the only thing that matters is that it sounds good and looks decent when the covers are on. The speakers in the front are cheapies from Wal-Mart and the white insulation was literally pulled from my own attic. Metal pieces for brackets are from my scrap metal box. The plastic frame and the speaker cloth for the covers are leftovers from projects of years ago. I keep materials around for things like this that pop up. Things don't have to cost a lot. You just need to scavenge sometimes. Besides the new stereo from Tiger Direct.com for $69, I probably spent another $25 on the front speakers. The rear speaker bar and sub were given to me. Once a long time ago, I made an isobaric (2 opposing speakers) bass tube from some old garbage brand used 15" woofers and a piece of leftover 15" diameter thick green plastic sewer pipe from a public works project on the street in front of the shop I worked at. I used 3/4 plywood for the rear cover and a plastic roll that window tint comes on for the vent tube. That thing rocked so hard and cost about $30 to build. I had to wrap it in black carpet to stop the "Hulk" jokes about my green pipe but no one had a single bass tube that could rattle a whole car like mine. Stereos don't have to cost a lot to be good. Good luck with your project.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
Thanks for the compliments. I used to install car audio, cruise controls, etc. for a living a long time ago.
Then you know how important speaker enclosures are. Here's how I did mine.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...uestion-4.html

Start with post #35. The 1/2" felt lining and insulation makes the bass rock solid, with no rattles.

Rather than having an aux input jack, I opted to hard-wire the plug, as seen in the attached, for an iPod, laptop, etc.

JVC KD-S100 CD Receiver
50 Watt, AM, FM, CD, SD Card, USB, iPOD, Aux

Infinity Reference 6022i
6-½” 2 Way Speakers
2.65 Ohms
60 Watt RMS, 180 Watt Peak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3066.jpg (202.7 KB, 15 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Where did u get ur voltage meter at jonequest?
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Where did u get ur voltage meter at jonequest?
It was just a cheapie from eBay that measures from 0-99 volts. I think I paid about $10 or less for it. I just cut the rectagle hole in the dash and snapped it in. I wired it to the power coming into the keyswitch which is full power. When the key is on it reads whatever the full pack voltage is. It is kind of nice to see the drop as you accelerate or while it is on charge, etc.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO