lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best batteries??

$90 for T-105s is a good price. Don't forget to carry your old batts with you, as you have to return them or pay a core charge.

FWIW,
I paid $105 for mine in North GA.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
creepingtom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

the 105's were between 90 and 100.00 ---call 843-238-8800 for grahams golf carts they usually have 605's in stock
creepingtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #13
creepingtom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i meant to say earlier 105's were between 90 and 100. i had'nt woke up good yet.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

T-105s are $89 each on the south side of Atlanta. This is about as cheap as I've seen anyone report on this forum so I feel you could use it as a baseline when shopping prices.
I'm running two carts and I tried a set of T-605s once. I didn't like them. The reduction is range per charge is immediately noticeable. They lasted 6 years for me but the T-105s are going 7+ and at a $10 per battery difference in price the T-105s are cheaper in the long run. I think the consensus on this forum is to buy as much amp hours (weight) as you can afford. Besides neglect, what kills batteries is deep discharges. The more capacity you have the the shallower the discharge will be per cycle (use) and the longer the battery will live.
I think your point about using your local guy is valid as long as he is reasonable. Besides the manufactures warranty, he will likely assume some warranty himself and if he installs the batteries he is responsible if a battery or some other part of the cart is damaged during installation.
Speaking of installation, if you are going to replace the batteries yourself get a battery lifter for a couple of bucks. You are going to lift 6 batteries at ~60lbs each out of the cart and then 6 more lifts into your vehicle plus the reverse when installing the new ones. Thats 24 lifts and assumes the seller does the swap at the point of trade in. Otherwise 12 more lifts. What ever you save by doing this yourself won't be worth a back injury.
I think most people here will agree that the maintenance on the batteries is more important than the brand name.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
John C
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys for the info.

I called Graham's and priced out T-105's at $96 ea. Another place in Charleston they were $108 ea. Can't get ahold of the closest place to me, must only work 1/2 day on Sat. The dif. In the two is $12 x 6 = $72 saving,,, but,,,,,factor in drive time versus fuel use,,, to me is a wash,, may as well buy in Charleston. Unless my close place is cheaper.
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My price of $105 included delivery and core pickup. Some folks may deliver.

YMMV
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got mine for 85.00 in Sarasota Fl
lithoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #18
creepingtom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Graham's have alot of accesories.New tires and rims for 20.00 and used for 10.00 . i bought three used that looked like new. They take those off stock carts and customize their carts. they have seat covers , bumpers, and a full line of accesories for all of these campgrounds around here. Pretty big business. they have about 4 locations in this area, Showrooms full of custom carts.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #19
1fastbuggy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

US 2200 is a real good battery also just my $.02.
1fastbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO