lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO struggling up hills, possible preignition

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Cart-Mo...item3a5a278c0e

Here's a decent price - I think I paid like $15.95 each + shipping ... All 3 w combined shipping to your door for under $40 !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #22
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Ok, I just looked at it again.The engine shifts over about half an inch just on the stands.If a one inch shorter belt will significantly increase torque, I'd say the engine shifting over that far can have a pretty good effect at reducing torque.

I looked on e-bay and this seems to be the right thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Cart-Mo...item3a5a278c0e

Think it'll fit the bill?I'm going to ask if I can get them a little cheaper if I buy all three.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #23
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

That's funny, we posted at the same time with the same item.I guess my question is answered.You ever make it to PA. I'll have some cold Yuengling lagers waiting ;)
Old 06-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #24
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Alright, I went and ordered three engine mounts.The guy was actually going to give me three for $30 + $4 S&H.I had more money than I thought though and it would have been a pain so I just got them normally.Speaks volumes about them though that they were willing to do that.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #25
pathfinder
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the same problem I had on my 86' and the mounts were the problem bact to running like a scalded dog now. Good luck
pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #26
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Ok guys, I think I got it licked.My original drive belt is worn down on the sides about 1/4", AND somehow it's also stretched.I got a new Gates belt today.It's 1/8" shorter than stock, probably a good inch shorter than my old belt, and is as wide as the original used to be.I'm thinking this sucker ought to run like new.Also, I got the engine mounts taken care of.The seller on e-bay that I got the mounts from is awesome btw.Also took care of the junk exhaust pipe by making a new one.I'd have that belt on today but it's like sitting in hot Jello outside.Hot Jello filled with gnats and I'm just not having any part of it.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #27
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

"Subcribed"
Mine is doing the Pinging too. The first thing I thought was pre-det. Mine is also acting a little hesitant. I've been reading this and I'm still not convinced.
I'de like to hear what you come up with.
casper4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #28
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Well, I got my shorter belt on the other day, and besides a very strange problem I'm having now, the cart has plenty of pull.Myself, and two other adults rode the cart up one of the steepest hills out here.It was slow of course, but not unbearably struggling like it used to.So there's definitely something to it.

My problem though, once I get up close to top speed, is that the belt keeps grabbing inside the driven clutch and feels like you're stomping the brakes.Dimensions are 1 and 3/16" by 43".It's a Gates #19T4300.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO