lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
toolman090
Not Yet Wild

Default vapor lock?

I have a 2001 Ezgo gas. Got it last summer to ride trails and around campground. If you ride it awhile and get it warm then stop and talk to someone it does not want to go. Almost feels like it is vapor locked and flooded. Replace plugs, fuel lines, and filter over the winter and thought that fixed it but it did it again Saturday and I am in pa. it is not warm here yet.
toolman090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: vapor lock?

Coil is most likely failing, been down that road. If it starts back up after a cool down period coil could be the problem. Check for spark when it won't start. It does not have to be warm out for the coil to fail.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
toolman090
Not Yet Wild

You could be right but I think it is fuel related. I guess I didn't explain myself good enough but the motor runs it just has no pickup when you step on it. You play with the throttle and it will not pick up, almost like it is fuel starved. Only when it has been run awhile and is warm.
toolman090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Could still be a coil problem. When the coil is acting up ,sometimes it will only fire one plug. That would be the reason it won't rev up. Good luck, Bob
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
CHONCH
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I had this same issue and went crazy replacing parts. Turned out to be the plug wires. Even though I was getting spark it was not enough. I pulled the fitting off the wire noticed it was hollow, I purchase wire from the local autoparts and made my own problem solved .
CHONCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO