lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Evad
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with Starter identification

I just picked up an 88 Ezgo, from what I can find it is a gx444 2 cycle. My issue is with the starter, everything I find here and online seem to be different that what is equipped on mine. First question, is this the correct one for the year? I have read there are some 88 specific parts, but I am not sure to the extent of that list.

The issue with mine is that the mount on the front bracket, on the side used for tightening is broken. I'd like to just put a new cover on it, but it seems this might be hard to find. I had my brother take these pictures yesterday, he said it was too hard to get a good picture of the front, but it has the similar screws around the edge like the rear cover.

Like I said, ideally a new cover would be the best, but can this be replaced with one of these "newer" looking starters. Or any ideas how to creatively engineer this to functional for this golf season.

Any help would be appreciated!

I guess I am too new to post pictures, so I will give the we address in a non link form...

raider.mountunion.edu/~smithdr/cart/back%20cover.jpg

raider.mountunion.edu/~smithdr/cart/top.jpg
Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with Starter identification

I had the tab break off the front of the starter on MY 1988 too ... I ended up using a 1987 starter that I picked up used, I had to slightly enlarge the 2 bigger mounting holes for the through-bolt but otherwise it fit and works great, that was almost 3 years ago
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Oops - double posted, sorry
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
Evad
Not Yet Wild

So could one assume that an 85 would be able to be made to work? I can bore the holes no issue, I'd prefer to stay away from custom brackets if possible!

thanks
Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO