lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
boydx6
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Auxiliary battery for president full light kit

Thanks all, I will study your suggestions and hopefully find the time this weekend to try them out. I will let you know how it turns out.
boydx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2013, 04:58 AM   #12
Culln5
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVetSgtAdkins View Post
I think if you do as Salt life said you should be OK, run hot from aux battery to blue wire that was originally connected to 4th battery then run ground to the yellow bullet connector that will be under the center cover close to where the controller is located and that should totally disconnect the lights from your pack and put it on the aux. Battery
I'll look for the yellow bullet today and see how it works.

George
Culln5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #13
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

One thing that did just occur to me. Seems I remember that when you rewire as I described, your orange battery light, if you have one, will no longer work unless you do further wiring. This was not an issue for me and I did not rewire it - it's just a dead light on my cart. I never saw it come on anyway and never relied on it.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #14
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I don't have any saved inbox PM's, but I did think to go look at my sent messages as I often quote the original message in my responses. TahoeDawg helped me with this wiring when I did it and I did find some saved conversations.

So, here were his original instructions to me to rewire power from my aux battery instead of powering off the blue wire on the 4th battery:

Your positive is the blue wire below the controller cover. Make a wire with an inline fuse and hook it to the blue wire, then to the positive of your external battery. Next, you'll see a yellow Bullet connector on a 10gauge Black wire, hooked to the B- post of controller. Unplug it, this is the system ground wire for the lights and battery indicator. Hook the wire the the negative post of your external battery. Next, you'll need to eliminate the Black/Yellow wire behind the dash that is supposed to plug in to the battery indicator light if equipped. You'll no longer need this wire as it's now tied in with the external battery. Just cut it out of the system right next to the connector. If you've got a battery indicator light, you'll have to run a new wire to the main negative post of the battery pack, or the the B- post of controller, same result.

Then he sent me the following follow up message which turned out not to apply to the light kit I have:

One more thing... If you've got a light kit with a Relay behind the dash, you're gonna have to unplug the orange wire from the relay and replace it with a new wire. The new wire will go from the naked post (formerly orange wire location) to the B- post of controller or main negative battery post.

Also, I found some conversation about the battery indicator light that he referred to in the first message. Turned out this was actually a battery gauge he was referring to and I don't have that either.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auxillary, light kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car