lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #11
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for new motor recommendations

Looks like I will be having one made for me at PQ
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #12
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yurtle / SirNuke - I am thinking about a winter project of a motor upgrade. I am considering a D&D ES-5256 or the EMD Raptor that both of you have. I have a lot of large hills and need good torque but wanting higher speed than 16-17 mph. I am currently at 36 volts, going to 48 when these batteries reach the end. 480 amp controller, 4 gauge wires, h/d f/r. D&D does not want to sell me anything that will produce higher speed than 18-19 when at 48v due to the terrain I have / operate in. It sounds like both of you are happy with the AMD motor. Can you give me more details on terrain you run? D&D described my use as a hunting buggy.
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have road up and down hill, plus a pedestrian/golf cart bridge with a "steep" slope. With four riders and two extra batteries, no one can touch me in our four subdivisions, even sparkies (who don't know how to disable their governors).

With over twice the Hp of stock, you won't be disappointed. This is not a torque motor though, so if you do a lot of off-road driving, something else may be better.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have stock tires, so Nuke can speak to bigger ones.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #15
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Take a look at the GE 1162 motor, don't let the rpm stated mislead you. I have this and at 36v was getting 23 mph with 23" tire's and it would climb like a goat. I have since upgraded to 48v but haven't checked the speed yet, it will bark the tire's and pull the front wheels a little.
Kydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

How many Hp does it have? I agree, there's a trade-off between Hp and RPM.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
How many Hp does it have? I agree, there's a trade-off between Hp and RPM.
I found this.......

This is a HIGHER TORQUE separately excited electric motor for use with E-Z-GO 36 Volt electric DCS (Drive Control System - 1996-00) and 36V electric PDS (Precison Drive System) vehicles for TXT from 2000 to Present. Motor is a separately excited version and has the ability to utilize regenerative braking with this system. Motor is rated at 12.0 Non-Peak HP @ 1300 Rpms.

For use with golf carts, Freedoms, 2 + 2, and ME2 with DCS or PDS electrical system.. Motor has a female 19 spline coupler and is for use with the Dana differential (used since 1989 on electric E-Z-GO's).

This separately excited motor is not compatible with any other series or fleet cars made by E-Z-GO. For use only in a PDS system with regenerative braking. This is a non-stock higher torque motor and will NOT work with your stock controller. This motor will require installation of a Higher Amperage Separately Excited Speed Controller to further compensate and add to your torque, which would be in some cases compatible with this motor. Please call for specifications. For many high performance motors and controller upgrades, you may also need to upgrade to a Higher Performance Solenoid Contactor Relay as well as install a 4 Gauge Performance Power Cable Kit. We've also recently added Performance Solenoid Resistors and Diodes properly sized for these larger current applications.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yurtle - thanks for the reply. Starting to think the Raptor may not be my best option. Looking at your previous posts and what others have said about it, it may not have enough torque for what I am using my cart for. It is half 2/3 utility cart - 1/3 trail riding - all on hills. I also tow a lawn cart with it. I want to get to 20 mph and have more torque. I know this is the issue everyone is faced with. Just looking for the best motor option. Spoke to D&D already, will give the folks at Plum Quick a call as well. Still interested in what others have ended up with motor wise. - thanks
Old 09-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have a Sepex motor. I dunno if they even offer the Raptor in Sepex. Ours are Series.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No - I have a series cart as well, Kydog chimed in and SirNuke found his GE recomendation was for a Sepex application. Still looking for the best option for Series upgrade.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO