lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

Default She lives!!!! But still have ?s

Well got the g1 running today and I love it bit Ive got a few more questions on what it is doing now that it runs.

The clutch seems to slip because i have to give it to me a lot of throttle before it engages. What could be the problem?

I'm sure I need to adjust the carb alittle but she starts up right away with out having to pull the choke which is a good thing but the bad thing is that I can't see any smoke and I'm running 40:1 for the first few gallons to lube things up again since it has sat for awhile. What should I look into in regards to this don't want to damage anything?

I drove it around the block a few times seems that it tops out no more excelleration or speed I'm guessing the governor is engaging but not sure because the guy that I got it from said it will do at least 30 didn't feel like 30
What should I look at to did engage governor?

Thanks for all the help
Tormented96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: She lives!!!! But still have ?s

Get yourself a small pair of vicegrips. From the driver side find the throttle cable on the governor arm in back by the airbox, find where it pins to the spring end in the arm. Turn the key off and work the pedal to see it move. Vicegrip the spring to the arm on an angle near the end of the throttle cable. There is a vertical flat part on the arm the spring end is against, that is the spot. The grips will want to hit the air hose. Key off, work the throttle and make sure the grips dont rub the hose hard or get stuck on anything. Take it for a test run now and see what you have, that will be no governor at all. 40:1 should be tons of oil for it, it may not smoke much until its warmed up, but if you premix then you know its getting oil.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

I'll take a look at the governor and see what's going on there but I should have mentioned the oil I'm using in this first run is this stuff I found at autozone labeled 2 stroke oil 40:1 mix for 1 gal of gas.

Also something I noticed was the pick up tube in the tank is very short looks like something is ment to be at the bottom of it but there isn't also I had to put in a lot of gas before the float would even come close to it. Is there an update on the gas gauge and a longer pick up tube?
I would like to maybe put in a gauge in the cowl is there something out there that will work?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

Well it looks like the governor was bypassed all together a aluminum bracket was mounted to the block to hold the throttle cable which is direct to pedal
Old 10-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

No one has any thoughts about this?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The clutch seems to slip because i have to give it to me a lot of throttle before it engages. What could be the problem?

Start with measuring the drive belt. a worn belt will cause this and speed loss.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

What is the proper range of length? From bad or good
Old 10-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

1-3/16 x 36-3/8 O.D
Belts don't stretch a lot unless very old so 1/4 inch would
be the max, width is the usual wear area.
I am fussy about width and would replace if worn 1/8 inch.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yamaha says 1" wide is the minimum for a stock cart. We find that a lifted cart already bogs on takeoff when you get down to 1", but stock carts don't have as much problem with low speed torque issues.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
Tormented96
Not Yet Wild

Sorry it has taken a few days to reply.
I checked the belt and it looks good 1 1/8 in width and sides don't look damaged. But I did a few checks over the weekend and it seems that I only have half throttle press the gas peddle half way cart goes no faster even when pressing it to the floor. Not sure what to make of this. Any ideas? Looks like governor has been bypassed.

Also did a stall test in me drive way which doesn't have a real steep grade but hammer the gas cart goes no were. Is this a gearing issue or clutch issue?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha