lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
thegolfer
Not Yet Wild

Default bombardier 1997 sport e

I have inherited a 1997 Bombardier that is dead. Batteries all OK. Original fault was solenoid that I repaired. Clicks in if I ground controller side. Motor works if I connect direct 12v to stator ***. , but high current ?? 72v ok across armature.

Question. Is the motor a variable speed dc motor that is pulse modulated from controller or is it a reostat style variable voltage controlled type. I ask the question with the view of getting rid of the controller etc and connecting direct to the stator via a variable resistance type circuit from the accelerator. Initial testing was not successful
Thanks Dave
thegolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
thegolfer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: bombardier 1997 sport e

It's OK. I downloaded the manual from the rapid share site and it told me it is a shunt dc motor, speed controlled by pulses. I may be able to buy a suitable device locally.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Keep us posted on this rare bird in the golf cart world.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
thegolfer
Not Yet Wild

OK Will do. But, I only get to work on it now now and then, so I don't expect a working buggy for a lil' while. Dave
Old 01-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #5
thefurrowflipper
Not Yet Wild

can you post where it is you where able to download that manual
thefurrowflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:14 AM   #6
thegolfer
Not Yet Wild

Hmmm. sorry. I can't find the link, but I do have the download of 40 megs, so can't email.
I know i tried the one from this site (www.4shared etc.) but it doesn't work. I then got into Rapid Share bombardier98 shop manual .pdf and got a download of fair clarity. 125 pages. I will keep an eye out and post it when I find it

Dave
Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #7
twooldfarmers
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks this would be greatly appreciated as without a manual one is floundering about

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegolfer View Post
Hmmm. sorry. I can't find the link, but I do have the download of 40 megs, so can't email.
I know i tried the one from this site (www.4shared etc.) but it doesn't work. I then got into Rapid Share bombardier98 shop manual .pdf and got a download of fair clarity. 125 pages. I will keep an eye out and post it when I find it

Dave
twooldfarmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
thegolfer
Not Yet Wild

Hello all. I sent this link to the owner of the 98 nev and he said it worked fine. it is:-

Bombardier 98 Shop Manual.pdf

regards

Dave

If there is a problem, send me your email address and I will send the link as an attachment. mrdavidinnes@yahoo.com.au

Tags
motor type
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts