lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Cylinder base gasket g1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrc01 View Post
i have a bunch of old mikunis layin around ill have to look to see what i have. did you use the reeds on that setup i would like to find a slide in rather than a bolt on i really dont want to fab an intake and i definitly want to use reeds
Yeah he used the reeds. He just made an adapter plate out of aluminum, pretty simple really. Just a 1/2" (or so) thick plate, 4 holes for the reed bolts, 2 holes for the carb. He has a drawing somewhere.....Where you at Marathon?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Found the diagram. Post #77.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...project-8.html

That looks like it worked pretty good on Marathon's G1. I would have done the same if I had used the G1 cylinder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spigotmount.jpg (38.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
nhrc01
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

thanks when i have more questions i sure know where to ask you guys rock
nhrc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #15
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Found the diagram. Post #77.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...project-8.html

That looks like it worked pretty good on Marathon's G1. I would have done the same if I had used the G1 cylinder.
That sketch is for hooking it up to the Enticer jug. The G1 has 4 mounting bolts and you don't need to rotate the rubber flange 90°. The pic I posted shows it pretty well.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #16
nhrc01
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

when i measure carb size do i measure inside of intake side or the slide? marathon what size is carb in vid and what did it come off ? i assume sled all mine are off bikes
Old 01-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I think you'll want a 32mm-34mm. The part you measure is the actual venturi, which is the inside part of the carb, the throat where the air flows.

You can see what part is the venturi in the diagrams.

Also the carb here is a Mikuni VM carb. There are different variations, but this one is off a dirt bike. The choke lever is on the carb, which will have to be modified to work off of a cable like a golf cart has. It can be done. The VM style carbs are very good, but sometimes a little pricey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg venturi.jpg (10.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: gif venturi 2.gif (8.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg mikuni vm32.jpg (37.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #18
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrc01 View Post
when i measure carb size do i measure inside of intake side or the slide? marathon what size is carb in vid and what did it come off ? i assume sled all mine are off bikes
Measure the carb at the venturi. The carb you want for the G1 is a VM30 Mikuni. Anything larger than that will be difficult to tune. The carb in the pic is a 34mm butterfly style off of an older Yamaha sled. Just a little too big unless you really want to struggle with the tuning. I spent alot of time and money getting it to run correctly. Many bikes used the VM30 carb. They are very tuneable. Get one that came off of a 250cc 2-stroke bike and it will be really close to start with. If it has the manually operated choke, you can purchase a cable operated kit for about $15. Keep an eye out and you can get a VM30 fairly cheap.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #19
nhrc01
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

thanks guys ive been sick and its been so cold but as soon as i get to garage ill keep you posted
Old 01-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Man, that slide carb setup is sweet. What stuff would have a donor VM30? My buddys G1 needs one of these. The manual says the starter/generator doesnt like high rpms, anyone have any trouble with this?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha