lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
cjones12
Not Yet Wild

Default CC Turf II Engine Replacement

Hi guys! New here of course and I'm sorry if I violating any rules.

I bought a 2000 model club car Turf II last year. It has the dump bed with tailgate etc. My kids drove it back and forth to the barn to feed the goats. Well i guess it threw a rod, as there is a hole in the block that you can stick 2 fists in.

The cart is sitting out in BFE at a jake leg's house until I can source a cheap motor. It's been there all winter. I can't get in contact with him until this weekend but was wondering If anyone knows a list of motors that will fit in that cart? I'm pretty sure it was the kawasaki fe 350 or 450. Will both fit? I'm going for cheap here since this is just a beater for the kids to tear up again.

Are there any Chinese knock offs that will fit? Anyone have a cheap motor source in Kentucky? Thanks for any help!
cjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Default Re: CC Turf II Engine Replacement

You most likely have an fe350, but an fe400 would also work. You just have to make sure you get a clockwise engine. Cheapest new one Ive seen was a fe400 on ebay for $1450 shipped. Remanufactured would be cheaper but you dont have a good core to submit, so not much cheaper. You could do a chinese honda clone motor which would be cheaper, depending on your craftsmanship abilities. Check vegascarts.com, geoff is a site sponsor is very helpful with info.
the 400 would be the easiest to swap. Hope this helps.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

tbirder is selling his after his bike engine swap!
I'm not sure of the price, or the size... (most likely an FE350)
But, there's no harm in asking about it!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...gine-sale.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

your buggie should have the fe350 in it, thats what my 99 has, same set up. kawpow is not cheap either. cant run a jd fe350 either, differnt block, and rotation. you can put a earlier kaw motor in it, but tranny would be reversed! if block is gone, might be best to buy new one, would be even cheaper and easier the fabbing and fitting a clone in
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

cjones 12, is the carryall for sale? Location if it is.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car