lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
SickPup404
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Tire Wiki?

I'm slowly being pulled up to my neck and beyond in the whole cart customization world... But I need some help.

I'd like to get some spiffy wheels and tires without breaking the bank, and without a lift kit on my stock 1998 CC DS.

I have searched and see lots of people posting about how they got a 10" or 12" rim and low profile tires to fit well, sometimes with the HD leaf springs or the wheelbase extension, but I don't know what the numbers I'm looking at are when I shop!!

Wheels seem to be something like:
- 8x7, does this mean 7" bead to bead & 8" diameter?
- Various sizes/offsets. I've gathered that the offset puts the center of the wheel at an offset, so an 8" rim with 3" offset has the 8" basically split at 3"/5".

Tires are a whole other animal.
- Some seem to be just spec'd like 8" turf.
- Some are 18x8.50-8. What are the measurements here?

I'd like to look for a tire that is low profile, but more of an off-road tread instead of the more normal tread... Any ideas?
SickPup404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Default Re: Tire Wiki?

You are correct on the wheel sizes, 8x7 means diameter x width, and offset 3+5 is width from hub face to inside lip (3") + width from hub face to outer lip (5").
Now for tires first number is outer diameter, next is width, third is wheel diameter (all in inches). In lo-pro sizes like 205/50-10, is measured in metric. 205 is width, 50 is a ratio of width to height (which tells height of tire from bead to outer diameter of the tire and 10 is again the wheel diameter size.
Hope this helps.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
SickPup404
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Tire Wiki?

Awesome! Thanks very much!
SickPup404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car