lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
blue83ranger
Not Yet Wild

Default How do i test ignition system on a '91 DS?

I'm working on a 1991 Club Car DS with no spark. I can't seem to find any information on how to test the coil, rev limiter, or the exciter/pickup coil. Does anyone know where I can find the test procedure to check all 3? thanks for any help. The Serial number is AG9149270953
blue83ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: How do i test ignition system on a '91 DS?

Here's a recent thread where a guy is having a similar problem. Try what Tonka said in post #2, I think the wire he mentions is the rev limiter. If that works than you will just be running with no rev limiter, but you'll be running. I don't have the manual so I don't know the official procedures for the tests. Maybe someone else has a manual.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-no-spark.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
blue83ranger
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How do i test ignition system on a '91 DS?

thanks for the link. From what I figured out the black wire is to shut the motor off. With it unhooked it just disables the gas pedal and key from turning the engine off. I tried unhooking it and I still don't have spark. I guess i'll check into getting a manual for it unless someone has the specs on checking the ignition system.
blue83ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car