lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
sp_clark
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 vs 1985 choke button size difference

I am fabricating the air cleaner canister for my 85 DS gas cart. I bought a 1992 choke button and now need to get the air hose. Does anyone know if the diameter of the hose at the choke end is the same or different for these years? It looks like the earlier years had a smaller diameter at the air cleaner canister end and that would be preferred for my setup. If the choke end is the same, I'd buy the earlier air hose.

Thanks,
Steve
sp_clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
sp_clark
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1992 vs 1985 choke button size difference

Can't someone chime in? I need to buy the air intake hose and fabricate the air cleaner end so I need to know which hose to get...please??? :)
Old 07-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
illregal
Not Yet Wild

They were different setups.
On the 85, the choke button is connected to an airbox, with a large air duct connecting the airbox to the air filter. And the air filter is attached directly to the carb.

I believe on the 92, the choke is connected to an airbox/air filter. Which then has a duct that connects directly to the carb.

-Not sure what the connection is like on the 92. On my 91 the airbox just slides right off the choke assembly once the duct between it and the filter is removed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0092.jpg (95.2 KB, 0 views)
illregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
sp_clark
Not Yet Wild

thanks...I'll see about just getting a generic hose that fits my choke end and then fabricate whatever the other end needs to be. I saw an 81-85 (i think) air hose on ebay that LOOKS like the right diameter at the choke side, and looks like YOUR diameter at the aircleaner side. This is what I would prefer but i just don't know if that hose is the right size for my choke button, which is supposedly off a 92. If all the choke button hose size is the same for these years, it will work.

Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car