lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
srwilson
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2013 EZGO Valor Not Starting and No Spark

I just purchased a used 2013 EZGO Valor yesterday and last night I was driving it and it quit running. Was going along fine and I stopped to turn on the radio and it wouldn't fire back up.

The guy who sold it to me said he had left gas in the tank over the winter and sometimes it would spit and sputter but he had ran several tanks through it since then and it seemed to be great. We rode it around for 30 minutes before I bought it and it never acted up once.

I have emptied the tank, drained the lines, changed the filter, drained the carburetor, checked the air filter, installed new spark plug, checked and cleaned every electrical connector I can find, tested battery and put it on charge, and when I try and start it all I get is a very tiny weak spark.

I have worked on this thing all day. What should I try before I throw in the rag?

Thanks in advance.

Scott
srwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
jayebyrd57
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2013 EZGO Valor Not Starting and No Spark

Not a pro for sure, here, Scott - but I had a similar problem (tho older EZ Go) - turned out to be lose wire behind the starter - was the only electrical connection I hadn't seen when doing pretty much exactly the same checklist as you have described - I felt a little silly I hadn't thought to check the wires behind the key/ignition - but in my case the cart needed a good prev. maint. anyway - so I laughed at myself and headed out onto the golf course - no problems - hahaha GL, hope it is something simple like this for you, GL
jayebyrd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:18 AM   #3
BlackKnight755
Not Yet Wild

Scott,

Just like jayebyrd57, I am no pro on these things however I too have a 2013 EZGO TXT Valor and have had some similar problems. I found a wire that (actually it was the connector) that hooved to the the engine compartment side of the gear shifter that had broken. It only made connection part of the time so the cart only acted up some of the time. It was one of those things that will drive you crazy because the connector had a plastic protector around it that made it look like everything was connected. I can only say that you should physically test and check all the connections to ensure they are all making a good connection.

Also, if you are standing on the driver side of the cart looking under the seat, there is a black plastic box that should have several wires going to it. It will be in front of the battery right up against the cart body. It has a screw in the top of it. Take the screw all the way out and carefully remove the plastic lid top and check all the connections in that box.

Thats all I have. There are some great guys and gals in here that have a wealth of knowledge and are willing to help. Good luck, BK
BlackKnight755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:19 AM   #4
BlackKnight755
Not Yet Wild

20140919_042016_resized.jpg

This is the Plastic box. Note the large rubber hose that you will have to work the plastic box cover out around.

20140919_042028_resized.jpg

This is the engine compartment side of the forward/reverse selector.

Both of these pictures were taken with me standing on the driver side of the cart.
BlackKnight755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
srwilson
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks guys. I went back and checked all the connections but still nothing. I even took out the ignition and checked the wiring. I know it's going to be something simple but so far I can't find it.
srwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO