lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2021, 07:13 PM   #1
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

Default Pulled trigger and bought Extreme team, DS install questions

I finally pulled trigger and bought a 100ah extreme team pack from local guy that had some in stock to replace my LA set that died. I have 1995 DS and want to replace a front angle that acid killed. I have a couple questions. I didn’t get any documentation, anyone have the wiring for shunt? Also when I quickly measured the frame rails I am not sure it will fit front to back. I thought they fit in the center section of DS. Lastly, my cart has ia small box in front center that I can’t find on wiring diagrams. Please excuse the gross frame, I plan on removing all the original LA and cleaning it all tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 55FC1D37-E010-4561-B965-8C83647110AB.jpeg (149.5 KB, 0 views)
mnealuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:21 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pulled trigger and bought Extreme team, DS install questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealuf View Post
I finally pulled trigger and bought a 100ah extreme team pack from local guy that had some in stock to replace my LA set that died. I have 1995 DS and want to replace a front angle that acid killed. I have a couple questions. I didn’t get any documentation, anyone have the wiring for shunt? Also when I quickly measured the frame rails I am not sure it will fit front to back. I thought they fit in the center section of DS. Lastly, my cart has ia small box in front center that I can’t find on wiring diagrams. Please excuse the gross frame, I plan on removing all the original LA and cleaning it all tomorrow.
My ECO Battery is about 10.5" front to back and just fit the existing battery angle supports. The wider dimension has plenty of room.

Your battery is almost an inch wider front to back. You will need to cut the angle out and bolt in a new one which is not problem. As far as what that thing mounted in front of the angle is, I have no clue what it is and if it can be removed. Members with older DS units may know and will chime in.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:00 AM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

It may be the continuously variable potentiometer if a rod comes from the go pedal. Wire colors don't match the schematic however.
Old 09-21-2021, 07:11 PM   #4
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's a fuse box.

Sent using Tapatalk
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:32 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMJ View Post
It's a fuse box.

Sent using Tapatalk
Thanks Dave! Never saw a cart with factory lights before.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:25 PM   #6
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

I got to work on cart some more tonight after work and it s indeed a fuse block. It has a fuse for lights and horn. Looks like factory as the mounting plate is welded to the battery tray. I think I can make a plate and new extreme pack can live right behind it but might have to relocate it . Next question, I want to remove OBC and factory charge receptacle totally. I think I can remove all this highlighted wiring. Cart is 1995:series with solid state and v glide . I have a single yellow small gage wire on solenoid so I think this is my proper schematic . Also, cart would always move when charger was plugged in so perhaps wiring was already bypassed?
Attached Images
File Type: png 37AE5B59-63CB-43B6-9B50-DE854CA9FBF6.png (122.4 KB, 0 views)
mnealuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car