lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #1
robmartinez
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 ezgo St Sport 2 starting issues

I just picked up a 2011 EZ-GO ST Sport 2. It will start and run for a couple of hours then when sits over night will not start. Things I have done are listed below. Brushes look decent but I may try to change them next. I also read about the solenoid may be bad. Last but not least I may have a bad starter/generator. Looking for some guidance.

Things done:
- Change fuel filter
- Changed fuel pump
- Cleaned carb (twice)
- Charged battery. Battery reads 12.7 V to the starter/generator. Then drops when it wont start.
- Cleaned spark plug looks like it is running rich.
robmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 ezgo St Sport 2 starting issues

When it acts up does it crank on the starter but not "catch" and run? Or does it not crank the starter? Two completely different "will not start" problems.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:06 AM   #3
robmartinez
Not Yet Wild

The starter will crank most of the time and sounds like it wants to start , but after several attempts it stops cranking. When it does start it will rev with choke out, but then will not restart. I think something is getting hot (solenoid or starter) after so many attempts or the battery gets to weak to start the generator. Right now it does not turn so what I usually do is recharge the battery and it usually starts to turn again. That's why I am thinking maybe the starter/gen, battery or solenoid. I just ordered some new brushes in hopes of keeping the cost down. I priced the starter/gens online and they are about $500 so hoping its something simpler.

*Last week when it started I took it out and it ran like a champ with no issues out in the field so I believe the motor is fine.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
robmartinez
Not Yet Wild

Here's a pic of the brushes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0915.jpg (217.1 KB, 0 views)

Tags
st sport; gas ezgo; kawi
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO