lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2017, 06:38 AM   #1
shenny
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Talking which lift kit?

Hi I am new to this I just bought a 2011 Yamaha drive I want to put a 6" lift on it and was wondering if a spindle lift is better or a a arm lift is a better choice I will be using the cart at camp grounds and around the house nothing off road at this point. I also want to stay with a lift that is made in the USA. thanks for any info
shenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: which lift kit?

I know that you prefer a 6" lift. But, just for informational purposes, Yamaha makes a 2" lift kit that is excellent and leaves your turning radius the same instead of almost doubling it, like most lift kits do. This is picture of the cart with 21.5" tires. Yamaha part no. GCA-JC150-00-00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161222_112356480_HDR.jpg (476.0 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
shenny
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

well after some other posts I was reading maybe a 3" lift would be better, does the cart handle differently with a 6" lift verses a 3" lift? thank you
Old 05-07-2017, 08:02 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mostly, I would think just more unstable at higher speeds, 25-30.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #5
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Mine with a 6" gets pretty squirrelly on ruff roads.
cre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have RHOX 6" lift with 23" tires. I love it and can't begin to tell you how many compliments I get. Especially at the club house when the boozes start kicking in. [emoji2]. Top speed of about 20 downhill. The only negative to me is the ride is rougher but you get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #7
shenny
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

well thanks everyone for all the info I think I decided on the Jakes 3" lift for what I will be using the cart for it will do good. My next question is what is the best size wheel and tire I should put on my cart? should I go with a 10" wheel or a 12" wheel? don't relly want to do any cutting on the fenders. Thanks
Old 05-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #8
Naturallight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ping Eye 3 Did you install or have a dealer install the Yamaha 2” lift kit? I bought the Yamaha because of the short turning radius. I don’t want to lose that so the factory kit would do me well. I like the look of your modifications.
Naturallight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:14 PM   #9
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenny View Post
well thanks everyone for all the info I think I decided on the Jakes 3" lift for what I will be using the cart for it will do good. My next question is what is the best size wheel and tire I should put on my cart? should I go with a 10" wheel or a 12" wheel? don't relly want to do any cutting on the fenders. Thanks

I think it's about your tire size. If you go less than 23" you should not have to cut fenders. With that said, cutting fenders is no big deal. After looking at some pics, you might want to consider 10" wheels with 205/50-10 tires. That will look nice with 3in lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #10
Lenberg
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I put a 6" Jake's spindle lift with 12" rims and 23" tires on my 48v 2008 g29. Love the look and great function for my campground.

make url for image
Lenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha