lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
stewyracer
Not Yet Wild

Default cushman 1200 workhorse differential

I have a 2010 cushman 1200 and the driven clutch bearing in the differential went out. removed the diff and split the case and there was lots of crap in the diff. Cleaned it all out and it looks like I need a complete input shaft with the two gears and bearings. The problem is there is no parts breakdown for this differential. Not in any shop manual and I cannot find it online anywhere. The next problem is the input shaft on this differential is a tapered shaft. if I replace the shaft i will have to replace the driven clutch also. any help would be greatly appreciated and if you know where I can look at a parts breakdown i would have the correct part numbers and that would help things along. Thanks in advance for any information.
stewyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #2
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: cushman 1200 workhorse differential

Textron has backed the Cushman® brand since 1998.

This was recently posted in another Cushman thread on BGW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsnot View Post
Hello,
FYI for anyone else looking for older Cushman info. I contacted EZGO about obtaining manuals for my cart mentioned above. The nice people in the parts department sent me a full pdf parts manual for my cart. Their email is
orderezgoparts@textron.com
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ification.html

I assume that you can find your parts information from Textron.

Regards, 3CW
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:05 PM   #3
stewyracer
Not Yet Wild

this is not an old cushman. This is a 2010 cushman. This is just a workhorse 1200 with the cushman label
Old 09-28-2017, 07:07 PM   #4
stewyracer
Not Yet Wild

There is no information from textron on the workhorse 1200 or the cushman 1200 for the gas differential
Old 09-28-2017, 09:47 PM   #5
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

So you have contacted Textron and they can not provide parts information for your 7 year old cart? Or you just can't find anything online? Perhaps one of the Cushman dealers which are listed on the Cushman website can provide information on the parts you require. Replacement parts must be available somewhere given the age of your cart.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:22 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Just been on to the Jacobsen site and looked at the tech manuals for the workman 1200-g and lo and behold. no transaxle breakdown, just the gearnox complete and the axle tubes etc. nothing for the internals. Funny thing is, i also just went back to my old archived files and found my old parts books. Guess what. Same thing! nothing for the internals. Looks like you will have to speak to someone at ezgo or jacobsen. I am pretty sure it will be the same axle as some other models, EZGO/cushman use a lot of common parts over several models and you can normally cross reference part numbers with other models. I know for sure, i have purchaced transaxle parts before but i just wonder if this has changed. Just gonna pop off and tale a look at the ols ST350 manual and see what i can come up with.

Ok, I am back. NOPE! ST350 manual shows exactly the same. For a quick fix, maybe you can find a used ezgo gas transaxle in good condition and check the final drive ratio against yours. If not the same, you should be able to swap out parts to make up what you need. This is something i have done in the past.

I thought of the ST350 as it is pretty much the same cart with a lift kit and bigger tyres plus a slightly redesigned body
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO