lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #21
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ezgo 350 oil pressure prime

Was this a running engine with oil pressure when you built it??
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #22
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Maybe it's the sending unit? As I remember the sending unit was $45 so I replaced mine with a manual gauge and sending unit from a parts store for $25 no more wondering what I have
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes, it ran great when I got it. Just smoked like a train. Oil was overfilled so I drained and put in 1.5qt. 90% of the smoking stopped, but valve seals were shot (other 10% of smoke) and there was a ton of sludge in the bottom so I replaced rings, bearings, etc. Since I had to pull the motor anyway to change the valve seals. May as well do everything at once.

Runs fantastic now, much quieter than before. No smoke at all. Just loses oil pressure when it sits for a few min.

I dont think it is the sending unit, because it works perfect when I manually prime the pump. And when it lights up no pressure, I can pull the sending unit out and start the engine, no oil comes out of the hole for the sending unit. If pressure were correct I would have to believe it would make quite a mess.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #24
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you ever try using the original O-ring (the larger one under pump cover) or did you use the new one that came with the new cover?
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #25
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I used the original one, a new one from my o ring bin, and the one that came with the cover. No change in any of them. I'm lost lol
Old 12-09-2018, 04:23 PM   #26
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I used the original one, a new one from my o ring bin, and the one that came with the cover. No change in any of them. I'm lost lol
That is totally frustrating to say the least .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:10 PM   #27
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yeah, I'm pretty much at a loss. May be time to bbq this workhorse. Wonder what kind of rub would go best on it lol

I dont understand why they put the oil pump at the top instead of in the bottom where the oil is, like every other manufacturer
Old 12-09-2018, 06:21 PM   #28
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I hope you didn't remove the engine on account of what I posted because I only asked if you installed the o-ring. It is very easy to miss it .

If you had oil pressure before it was rebuilt then something that was done caused this. Now what, I am not sure. I know there is a check ball and spring in front cover but I usually never mess with it. Think for a minute what could cause oil to leak back into block after running ? How long does it have to sit before it loses prime ? would you have time to check the pressure with a manual gauge ? before it goes ?
I sure don't like problems . These engines are pretty simple but that little thing does pop up once in a while. How much oil did you put in the engine ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #29
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I really think I would go with gearheads idea, makes sure that you actually have a problem.
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #30
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Skoal82, all he would have to do is remove the valve cover and spin it over. He will know real fast if he has pressure.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO