lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #1
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default UMAX Rally and Plowman's Kit Experience

Just sharing in case it's helpful to someone...I noticed all the secondary clutch parts were the same between my old cart and the new Umax I purchased. I took the clutch from a Plowman's kit with 74 hours on it from my 2016 Yamaha Drive Adventurer 2+2 and moved it over to my new Umax One Rally cart, along with the drilled-out governor lever. I did not use Don's belt, but the stock one because it was actually tighter on this particular cart and the width and ribs were identical, and I moved the air filter over too.

It took me a little effort to dial in the throttle cable and a few other details, but the Umax, despite its extra weight, still hits 30 mph, doesn't hit the rev limiter, and has enough torque the 23" wheels dug holes in my yard and a gravel path. Might need a posi now!
jstanfi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2020, 08:29 AM   #2
matthd24
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: UMAX Rally and Plowman's Kit Experience

Hello Jstanfil1,

Im looking at getting the 402cc from plowmans to install in my 2009 g29. I have all his new clutch and my cart currently will go about 31 to 32mph. How does that 402 feel power wise alot more then the 357cc? There is not much info out there and just looking for some feedback

thanks
matthd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:57 PM   #3
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You know, I can't say I feel a ton of difference, but it's in a UMAX One Rally cart that weights several hundred pounds more than the adventurer and has 23" tires vs 20". The fact it doesn't feel different probably says a great deal. The ECM is different, and the UMAX doesn't have the more restrictive exhaust, and of course about 20% more displacement, so I'd think it would be significant. I don't think Don would be selling them if it wasn't.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:29 PM   #4
matthd24
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Yeah totally understand your adding a tone of extra weight, yeah i think a g29 with that motor would rip pretty good
Old 03-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
plowman
Getting Wild

they rip!!! come drive one if you like.
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:12 PM   #6
matthd24
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Heck yea, I’ll have to find a time to come over and test drive. Hopefully as soon as thing calm down with the corona virus. I’ll give you a call before I would come wanna make sure your around!
Old 03-21-2020, 11:03 AM   #7
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I got done installing the dash trip computer and a premium light kit last night, which let me get out there and test it a bit more. I can now state unequivocally that this extra-heavy cart is a beast. Climbed a hill last night that was going to roll over backward it was so steep, and it was still climbing until I felt the front wheels coming up!
Old 03-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #8
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowman View Post
they rip!!! come drive one if you like.
Don this is my fourth install and third kit from you...everyone is so impressed by my carts once I do the install I wind up selling and upgrading. This time I just moved the kit from my 2016 Adventurer 2+2 to the UMAX One Rally, both EFI. I noted that the secondary clutch parts were all identical between the 2016 and 2019. As said elsewhere in the thread, the cart is amazing now.

Do I need to get a belt from you though, or anything else? I reused the OEM belt because I noted it was a little shorter than my Plowman's belt. I sthat just from break-in?
Old 03-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #9
plowman
Getting Wild

Will it work yes, is it the kit that i install no, there are a few things that are different because of the weight of that cart, call me will get you dialed in
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:37 AM   #10
Umax_Mike_74
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can you let me know what kit you used to get 30mph?
Umax_Mike_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha