lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2021, 09:08 AM   #11
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Default Re: BigBattery 48v HSKY in My 98 Club Car DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
If you remove the controller, obc, and solenoid mounting plate, you can slide the motor back towards the motor several inches. It appears there would be plenty of room for the F/R switch and the V-glide, but maybe I'm missing something. That is one "BIG BATTERY".
I'll see more when my battery gets here and I disassemble mine. But you'll probably be done by then.
Yup. That i what I am doing...battery right down the center between frame rails.
Maybe I misunderstood your post about moving the V glide...I thought you were offering a way to mount the batt transverse....
I think i get it now..You are saying that I can mount the front cross brace atop the I-beam chassis rails iust aft of the V-glide. That ougta work just fine!
In fact, I will just make the front piece of the tray long enough to sit atop the rails.

I just picked up my 2x2x3/16" angle iron for the tray and mounting brackets,
and ordered some 1/8" neoprene to cushion the battery in the frame.
R&L has the battery...I am stop #13..........hope that isn't a bad omen......
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2021, 03:30 PM   #12
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
Yup. That i what I am doing...battery right down the center between frame rails.
Maybe I misunderstood your post about moving the V glide...I thought you were offering a way to mount the batt transverse....
I think i get it now..You are saying that I can mount the front cross brace atop the I-beam chassis rails iust aft of the V-glide. That ougta work just fine!
In fact, I will just make the front piece of the tray long enough to sit atop the rails.

I just pulled my batteries out. I'm sure it will work now for you. Gosh, maybe I should've got the big battery since it installs so simply now!

I just picked up my 2x2x3/16" angle iron for the tray and mounting brackets,
and ordered some 1/8" neoprene to cushion the battery in the frame.
R&L has the battery...I am stop #13..........hope that isn't a bad omen......
Mine is now coming Friday!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:38 PM   #13
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

When you guys get your batteries from what I’m hearing they have a Bluetooth transmitter on the BMS try turning on your cell phone and looking under Bluetooth and see if you pick up a signal curious to see if you two have any luck thanks Tony
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:11 PM   #14
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMZ222 View Post
When you guys get your batteries from what I’m hearing they have a Bluetooth transmitter on the BMS try turning on your cell phone and looking under Bluetooth and see if you pick up a signal curious to see if you two have any luck thanks Tony
I am getting the ECO Battery. I don't believe it has bluetooth capability. And even if it did, I'm braindead when trying to figure out apps on the phone.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:19 PM   #15
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMZ222 View Post
I just got my first "smart phone." I'll give it a whirl. Does the battery need to be connected, or on charge, or......?????
Old 08-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #16
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
I just got my first "smart phone." I'll give it a whirl. Does the battery need to be connected, or on charge, or......?????
It’s pretty straightforward all you do is open up your phone go to Bluetooth make sure it’s turned on and it will search for Bluetooth signals make sure your battery is turned on it does not have to be on the charger. If you pick up a Bluetooth signal I could link you to a few apps that you can download on your phone and then you can read the battery internals information.
Here’s a link to a YouTube video or the gentleman is showing the app on his iPad/iPhone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhCvqG74CA
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:46 AM   #17
Ronno6
Gone Wild

I turned on the battery and had my phone do a search for bluetooth devices.
It did NOT find one...........
So, dunno............
Old 08-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #18
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Well, 'cordin' to BigBattery, the BMS will connect via Bluetooth.........but only to I-phone. Mine is Android, so..............no.
But, my wife's phone Is Apple, so, I'll give it a whirl.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #19
PRGeno
Not Yet Wild

Ronno,

Can't wait to see some photos of yours installed.

I have the exact same set up in mind. The Husky just arrived at our other house where my 97 DS is. The battery compartment has been cleaned out waiting for the battery to arrive and my next trip out there (this weekend).

I've been visualing exactly what you seem to be planning to do and I will get my first physical crack at it this weekend.

But please post some photos of yours as soon as you can.
PRGeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #20
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Here's a few pix of the battery as shipped and the tray welded up and placed in position. I'll weld some tabs on the side to bolt to the heavy Z-bar brace and still working on attaching at the front.
The frame will be painted, then 1/8" thick strips of rubber will line the bottom and sides of the frame to cushion the battery. Tie downs yet to be determined.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ClubCarDSrepwr14.JPG (296.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ClubCarDSrepwr15.jpg (51.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ClubCarDSrepwr16.JPG (337.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ClubCarDSrepwr17.JPG (296.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ClubCarDSrepwr18.JPG (320.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car