lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
ezgo hot rod
Getting Wild

Default Ezgo marathon premix

Hey i took out my oil pump on my 85' 2 cycle ezgo marathon and i need to know the ratio to run WITHOUT the oil pump. Thanks!!! , ethan
ezgo hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo marathon premix

First off, you did cap the port where the oil used to be injected didn't you? If you didn't then you need to do that now as it will suck air and wreck your miixture ratio.

The correct ratio is 128:1. Yes I know that sounds very lean but that is what the book says. This makes your life easier as there are 128 fluid ounces to the gallon so you simply add 1 ounce of oil to one gallon of gasoline. (One exception, if you have just rebuilt the engine then the first tank should be mixed at 40:1) There is a temptation to say a little more won't hurt but here are three reasons why it will.

1. Unlike a four stroke there is no pump to circulate the lubricant, it relies on the crankshaft and gravity to slosh it around. If you ever look inside your crankcase you will see two small passage ways above each main journal. If you over mix your gasoil then the solution becomes more viscous there is a risk that over time you will clog up those passages and the bearings will get starved of oil.
2. Excess oil will not get burned, it will simply pass through the cylinder and collect in your muffler. Over time your muffler will get choked, reducing your performance until your cart dies.
3. All that unburned oil is bad for the environment.

Finally be aware that it is not sufficient to simply add oil and gas to your fuel tank. To ensure proper mixing you need to add the oil to your gas can and agitate vigorously. Many two cycle gas tanks have a thick black sludge in the bottom which is the oil that never mixed.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

How did you beat me to that!!!!!! Dude ur fast

According to Dave Box it states in the manual that you should run 128:1 or one ounce of oil per gallon of gas.

Enjoy!!
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgo hot rod View Post
Hey i took out my oil pump on my 85' 2 cycle ezgo marathon and i need to know the ratio to run WITHOUT the oil pump. Thanks!!! , ethan
I have seen posts that talk about removing the oil injector pump. I am wondering what is the reason for doing that. Do these oil pumps have a tendency to stop working.

Chuck
Hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

yes on 20-25 year old carts and if they do quit, kiss your engine good bye
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO