lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
mtd91
Not Yet Wild

Default half to cross solenoid over and hold peddle to make move..whats wrong?

I half to hold a screwdriver across the 2 big post on my solenoid and hold the gas to make the wheels spin.What may be the problem?I am getting 35 volts on both of the big posts on the solenoid with out crossing it over or anything.
mtd91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
mtd91
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: half to cross solenoid over and hold peddle to make move..whats wrong?

Ok what will happen if i take a wire and cros the 2 and drive it?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: half to cross solenoid over and hold peddle to make move..whats wrong?

It will be hot all the time.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
mtd91
Not Yet Wild

So i can drive it that way for the time being and it wont hurt anything?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't know if it will hurt anything....'Jumping' the solenoid as such is used to test it, not run it? If u have power to it and it is not opening, it is bad. It is a 36 volt generic item available at any golf cart store.
Sorry I can not tell you for sure...if it is not needed?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #6
mtd91
Not Yet Wild

Is there any fuses on a non resistor type cart like mine?Oh it is a 1993 ezgo 36volt.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are wiring diagrams for your cart at the top of this section . Can you find one that matches your cart?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #8
mtd91
Not Yet Wild

Yea i dont see any fuses in the diagram.But i thought there should be 1 some where.But i guess not.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
gaston
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtd91 View Post
Yea i dont see any fuses in the diagram.But i thought there should be 1 some where.But i guess not.
the best would be to test the solenoid is working, there is no fuses on that vehicle.
Just take out all the wires off the solenoid (also the two main battery posts, be smart work isolated), check if theres a diode present across the two small posts (this model doesn't have one by default, but probably somebody could put one before) remove the diodealso; then use some jumper wires to feed the solenoid at the SMALL POSTS (12 to 36volts will move that solenoid), if solenoid is clicking, then is not a solenoid problem, probably the ITS micro switch. some wiring doing it bad or the worst could be the speed controller.

I would test the solenoid before jumping it with speed controller hooked, you could do a bigger damage if something wrong with it.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #10
mtd91
Not Yet Wild

Ok i will test it.The speed controler is a perfomance after market part.Atleast it says perfomance on it.It is an alltrax speedcontroler.But yea i will test my solenoid the way you said to and see if its good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO