lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
carryalltwo
Not Yet Wild

Default Wondering where I went wrong?

My wife wants her garage back so I am trying to finish my winter project. I just finished installing a jakes lift on my 96 CC carryall II.

I have read all the posts that I can find on here and still am not sure if I wired my Voltage Regulator correctly. I had to get the 4 wire replacement.
1. Red wire which I ran to the solenoid.
2. Yellow wire which connects to another yellow that runs out of the box and to the starter.
3 Split Black wire, I ran the female spade to the micro switch. (Looking at diagrams its on the right spade)
4. The other half of the split back wire (has connecting eye) Well I have tried this one on the negative battery post and I read that it doesnt need to be connected at all ( I tried both).
I also have a

If anyone has time to respond it would be appreciated.
carryalltwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
carryalltwo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wondering where I went wrong?

I also have a black wire from the harnes that I put on the bolt that holds the VR in the box.

I can get the engine (FE 290 peddle start) to turn over if I cross the terminals on the solenoid. I do not have enough hands to push the choke to see if it will start.

One other import piece of information is that the ground wire is still intact after the lift install
Old 03-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
carryalltwo
Not Yet Wild

1. Wire that is in the box. I had this thing on the bolt that was holding the VR in.

2. One of the split black wires that is on the micro switch.

3. The yellow with that goes to the starter.

4. Red wire on the solenoid.

5. Other half of the split black wire that is not attached to anything. (What should I do with this?

I am not sure if this is right or not? But this is the only thing that I have touched since last time I drove it. I had my Starter generator tested at the dealer and decided to repalce the VR due to only getting 11.65V when the buggy was running.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage regulator.jpg (105.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 03-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Bump , I'll be back
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
lilpurks
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

the black wire with the fish eye hole goes to ground. mine went out of the box to the frame near the battery
lilpurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the new VR i just don,t use the extra wire and i havn,t run into any problems yet and have installed dozens of them in the past few years.................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

the the black wire go to ground. My box has a groung strap under my V/R and a groung stud just aft of the V/R , I just installed a new V/R , the first black wire goes the the limit switch and the second goes to frame ground works great. the old V/R had one black wire it went to the ground stud and a jumper wire form the ground to the limit switch. the photo is the old V/R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1119.jpg (130.7 KB, 29 views)
imjman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjman57 View Post
the the black wire go to ground. My box has a groung strap under my V/R and a groung stud just aft of the V/R , I just installed a new V/R , the first black wire goes the the limit switch and the second goes to frame ground works great. the old V/R had one black wire it went to the ground stud and a jumper wire form the ground to the limit switch. the photo is the old V/R
Great picture of electrical/throttle box
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
carryalltwo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help guys. I have tried the fish eye going to the frame ground and doing nothing with it. I still cant get it to start. I am going to put the old one back in to see if I can get it to start before I decide it is a bad vr.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #10
Hill Country Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just wondering - did you disconnect the battery before replacing the VR. If not, you might want to check the fuse to see if it is still intact.
Hill Country Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car