lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default 87 cc

A while back I looked at an 87 CC. The guy wasn't actively selling, so I think it might still be available. I ended up buying a workhorse back then, but my daughter and her husband are thinking of a cart and I thought about the 87 I looked at.

While the cart is old the engine is not. The guy bought the cart with a bad motor and put in a new one. He said he found a place in Georgia that sent him an engine, he used some of the parts from his engine, and sent his old block back. This would have been two or three years ago, but there is little use on the cart. The whole deal was for an uncle what couldn't walk much, and he has since passed away. That's why the cart is available.

My question is. Assuming they put the same style engine back in, would this cart likely have a 341cc Kawasaki 4 stroke engine?

The cart looked good and ran good when I looked at it back in Feb. Since we do some driving down in the woods, my only concern was the location of the muffler. It seems awful low and looked like it might catch stuff if it didn't have a lot of clearance.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 87 cc

87 should have a kf82 flathead the 341 i beleive started in 89 or 91......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
87 should have a kf82 flathead the 341 i beleive started in 89 or 91
Looking at the thread on Scotty's 86 flathead rebuild, I thought they were the same.

Quote:
I got an old CC with a flathead engine removed..... and a rebuild kit
It sat for awhile......... finally I had to do it. I took the motor and set it upon a milk crate and pressure washed the tons of gunk off of it and carefully started tearing it down. I took my time and took pics for reassemble reference. I got her back together and fired up today .... thought I would post some pics in case anyone else was interested to try such a thing.... it was a fairly simple engine.
We bored it .050 over and milled the head .050 also for a little extra compression but not enough to mess with the starter... The flathead has a removable cylinder just like a 2 stroke if you think you just want to do a top end, it is real do-able. I saw I wasn't the first one in there by the red make a gasket Club Car used these Kawasaki kf82 341 motors from 1982-1991 they are 4 stoke.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your right 84 to 91 has the 341 but its not the same as the kf82.......yours should have the 341 sorry i was wrong...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car