lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
DrLenger
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default FE290 Piston Ring Order

Finally got my block back....all bored and ready to go....one problem, I can't tell which piston ring is the top and which is the middle. The FE290 manual looks like the #1 or top position is rounded, while the #2 or middle position is angled. But looking at the new rings I can't tell which is which, one is black finished on the edge while the other looks machined. I know the side with the markings goes to the top, but how do I know which is which.....HELP!

I am excited to get this thing back together, but as my previous posts have said ...... patience my son patience.....I don't want to screw this up again.
DrLenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #2
encs95
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: FE290 Piston Ring Order

I just assembled a FE350 and I put the top ring the one with the machined face and the black finished one in the second groove.
encs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

When you install the rings, remember to index them.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
DrLenger
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

got it......I am a little concerned the one that has the machined edge appears to be the scraper, or 2nd position, while the black or unfinished edge seems to be the bevel

see in the clip from the FE290 Engine Manual how the edges of the rings are.....?????
Old 08-06-2011, 03:54 AM   #5
encs95
Not Yet Wild

I saw that too in my manual, but I couldn't see those outer shapes no matter how long I tried to find them. Thus, made a decision and went with what made the most sence to me.
encs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
DrLenger
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I did the same, I looked and looked, even broke out the magnifying glass, still nothing. So I used my best judgement and went for it......it worked out, seems to run just fine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car