lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
mattdurham
Not Yet Wild

Default Question on what these parts are

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place or not allowed here. If so please close the thread. And I am also ignorant of what I am talking about so don't be afraid to tell me I am wrong.

My father, richardd on here, passed away in December and was in the process in building a new cart. Time has moved on and I have cleaned up the garage but his big project sits there taking up a quarter of the garage. I am wanting to sell it but would at least like to know what I am selling so here are some pictures and if anyone could help identify and provide any details it would be much appreciated.

Not exactly sure if this engine was meant to be used in a cart, there for a while he bought engines just to buy them.

Stack of random tires, they look like the fit on the cart.

I dumped everything that looked related to carts into the chassis of the cart. You can see the Bendix brakes, which I think he wanted to put disc brakes on but I honestly don't remember

Here is the engine, I may have some better pictures of it somewhere I can post up

Overview of the chassis

Exhaust plus parts I assume

Third engine

Third Engine Number

If anyone can give me a brief overview over what I have it would be much appreciated!
mattdurham is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Question on what these parts are

Where are you located?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdurham View Post
If anyone can give me a brief overview over what I have it would be much appreciated!
Sorry to hear about your dad... that's a tough thing to have to deal with!
R.I.P. richardd!

But, for sure you have a Club Car frame, there may be a tag with the serial number on it that will give us (you) more insight,
Passenger side, just below the glove box...

That's a boat load of parts to try to sift through to give you any sort of idea of what you have to work with!

The V-twin in the first pic is a vertical shaft... he needed a horizontal shaft,
The V-twin that's in it now, may just work... but, I'm guessing he had a problem with the drive clutch shaft size...
The tires are for it, 3 different driven clutches, a horn, the air box (pre-96), and a bunch of stuff I can't identify...
But, seeing the disc brakes, and the V-twin... he was on the right track!

There are so many parts in that pile for us to really try to figure out what they're all for,
You may have to separate them a little more for us to give you an idea of what you have.

I wish I could be more help!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
mattdurham
Not Yet Wild

I will get some better pictures then, and Campbellsville KY is where the stuff is at. And thank you everyone for your help.
mattdurham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Sorry to hear about your Dad.The first Briggs-Twin you showed is a Vertical-Shaft,but it can be converted to Horizontal fairly easily.They are a Beast of a cart-motor.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

lock look in the second to the last picture. it shows to have a clutch on the enginge. yet it might not be a correct one. but the other pic of the frame shows the belt on the rear clutch.
i laos notice a few bendix brake boxes. and a motorscooter buzz bomb muffler in the bucket. but as lock man pointed out, disc brakes on the rear end, and a new engine already in it.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

A. Airbox
B. Brake Pedal/Park Brake Lever
C. Brake Drums
D. 3 Driven Clutches. What Color Springs are in them? They use diffeent colors depending on the years.
E. Single Cup Holder
F. Shift Lever Assembly. The Aluminum L bracket is part of it to hold the shift cable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA07061212493585-A.jpg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CA07061212493585-M.jpg (109.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

If the springs in the driven clutches are white they are from 1988-1996 if they have green springs they will be 1997+. it is possible they have the power spring installed which is a thicker coil and is red or orange in color. if it has that in there they will work on 88+

May want to double check on this but im pretty sure thats the case.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

As suggested check for a serial number on the dash, could be a black metal tag or a sticker with a barcode. if both are missing there still maybe on behind where the dash goes. but it does look like it has the black metal tag there and noticing it has the olderstyle 3 spoke steering wheel aswell. once you find your serial number read this:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...olf-carts.html

also to state the obvious those 2 seat backs are for the front seats, pre 1999. the fact that the back on them are brown instead of black and also the pockets on the dash look brown instead of black make me think its a 91 or older cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA07061212494885-M.jpg (53.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car