lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Electric to gas conversion

That pvc sink trap isnt oe
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

lol, I threw that on there before I started pressure washing.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #13
racin161
Gone Wild

Pitbull do your self a favor and take it to a shop. If you don't have the proper tools your way better off paying the $20-30 40 and get it removed. If you try drilling it your self and it's off centered now you have a problem BREAK off an easy out now you have Big problems. If enough bolt is protruding I usually tack an over size nut on it and remove it while still hot works great and comes out like butter. If there is enough bolt to grab onto with vice grips you may get lucky and it will back out just because the head is broke off doesn't mean the bolt is super tight in the threads. Good luck.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #14
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

thanks. I'll have to find a shop.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Progress looks good!
Hope you find a solution to the broken bolt....stuff like that always sucks. Do you encounter rusted bolts more often since your down in Florida. ..or are you even next to any saltwater?
Not familiar with your neck of the woods! Here it is normal rainfall and no worries about saltwater erosion on metal.
bansheemxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I will be looking around tomorrow, hopefully it will be a quick fix.

I've heard the salt in the air does affect things like chrome, not sure if there's enough to affect metal bolts. Are you thinking that's the reason for the broken bolt? It doesn't seem to be rusted, more like cross threaded or over torqued but I would think it would have messed the head up before breaking the bolt.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

if you can see in to the bolt look at the striations on the center of the bolt. if it looks like a clockwise twist, it's probably cross threaded. if it's counter clockwise, it's seized. also inspect the threads you can see to see if they are crossed up. Hopefully it's just seized up.

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Joe, when it comes time for reassembly, make sure to use antiseize on any metal fastners into dissimilar metal. Steel bolts into aluminum. It will prevent that type of thing happening again when trying to remove them. i.e. snapping off bolts. Especially in the climate that you live in with all the salt.

Don't feel bad, I rung off the head off my brother in laws exhaust stud the other day trying to get the exhaust pipe off to change the rings and piston on his club car. OUCH.... The stud is sticking outside the block so I'm gonna try to weld a nut to it and hope to back it out. It's soaking right now in PB Blaster.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #19
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
if you can see in to the bolt look at the striations on the center of the bolt. if it looks like a clockwise twist, it's probably cross threaded. if it's counter clockwise, it's seized. also inspect the threads you can see to see if they are crossed up. Hopefully it's just seized up.

Arin
Thanks i'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
Joe, when it comes time for reassembly, make sure to use antiseize on any metal fastners into dissimilar metal. Steel bolts into aluminum. It will prevent that type of thing happening again when trying to remove them. i.e. snapping off bolts. Especially in the climate that you live in with all the salt.
I appreciate the info. We used anti-seize when working for my dad on blade bolts of mowers. Hopefully I won't have to remove any more bolts from the engine but if I do, i'll be sure to use it.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #20
J.Cribbs
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just got off the ship if you don't have the bolt out by tues. I can prob get it out when I get back down there. Looks good so far.
J.Cribbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO