lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2021, 06:28 PM   #361
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G29/YDR/Drive Club thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboyts View Post
Picked up a 2007 g29 48v last week. Here's a couple quick pics, one before I unloaded it the first time, and a couple quick night pics of the progress.

I painted the roof with bedliner, upgraded the lights to a street legal package, installed seatbelts, and built a 40x2 rms bluetooth sound tube attached to the roof.

Still waiting on my hd rear springs, and a backordered Jake's winch mount bumper. My stock charger is kind of suspect right now so I think I'm going to install a Lester Summit series 2 on board charger.
Nice looking cart.
crunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2021, 05:28 AM   #362
Steve-OH
Not Yet Wild

New guy here. Just made a deal on a low hour 2006 YDRA. I assume that the manufacture date 2006 makes the cart a 2007 model? I know that's how it works with Snowmobiles. I'll post some pics when I actually take delivery of the cart. Sometime next week. Awesome thread btw. Took a while to read through the whole thing, but found lots of info here.
Steve-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #363
Englishyamaha
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2504 View Post
I put the Yamaha 2" lift on my 2013, and love it. I also installed the heavy duty rear springs on mine with the rear seat. I then put 12" wheels and low pro tires.
Where did you get the 2” lift?
Englishyamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #364
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

G29 2009 Roof underside.

Can anyone tell me what the mounts are for on the underside ( inside ) of standard g29 Roof? Is there a shelf system or something available from Yamaha?
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:44 PM   #365
buchrob
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nota View Post
maybe somebody armor-alled the seats [to make them look new]
if so a soapy wash may help

if it is seat material not spray on slick stuff
I have had good luck recovering them
one good source is a thrown out couch
as most have a big back panel that gets little ware or dirt tears ect
leather nauga or cloth but dark is hot in the sun so I like white or lite colors
use a stapler and leave the old cover in place do the front then the sides
helps to have a helper to keep it tight
esp when doing the back last
Check out 10L0L Golf Cart Seat Cover on Amazon. Great fit and decent grip.
buchrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:49 AM   #366
rojo143
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a 2011 Gas G29 with the original team clutches. What is the proper drive belt part number? I ask because I went to my local Yamaha parts dealer to get a new belt and they sold me a J55-G6241. From what I can see the J55 belt is for the 2014 and up carts and the belt is shorter, is this true?
rojo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:06 PM   #367
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Speaking of Buzzers, 2011 YDRA - I don't seem to have a buzzer for reverse. Where would a guy look for it? front, back ? replacement parts?
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 02:11 AM   #368
buchrob
Not Yet Wild

Did an exhaust extension mod like all of these above. Next time, I would route things so that the exhaust exit is on the passenger side, otherwise you still get a nice whiff of fumes when you go and collect the next club.
buchrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 12:40 PM   #369
rojo143
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTTwister View Post
Speaking of Buzzers, 2011 YDRA - I don't seem to have a buzzer for reverse. Where would a guy look for it? front, back ? replacement parts?
The buzzer is mounted up front under the front cowl between the upper shock mounts. The previous owner may have just unplugged it.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:14 PM   #370
rojo143
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey all have an issues with my 2011 G29 gasser, and I am kind of lost on how to move forward. My cart recently started making a ticking/clicking sound while driving and I originally thought it was coming from the motor. But after looking into it more it is coming from the rear end. So I pulled the driven clutch off thinking it may have been a broken spring. I pushed the cart around in gear and the clicking/ticking sound is still present and seems to be coming from the input shaft/governor arm area. I can make the sound stop if I press back on the governor arm so it seems like the governor is not fully engaging or disengaging. I have had my governor arm zip tied since I bought it but not cranked all the way down and my rear axle is a green tagged axle. My question is if do the governor bypass by drilling out the governor arm would that solve my problem or am I better off splitting the case and inspecting the input shaft and governor gears?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha