lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2022, 05:42 PM   #121
Kong
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Icon programming/speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
For my 2020 w/4kw motor @ 350amp, 27-28 was my flat cruising speed and I'd hit maybe 34 on a long downhill shot.

For my 2021 w/5kw motor @ 450amp, 28-29 is my flat cruising speed and I can hit 37'ish on a long downhill shot.

I live in a hilly area with lots of small ups/downs, so I'm often going 25mph for a stretch then 32mph for a stretch.

Is that consistent with your experience? I can say I'm the fastest electric golf cart in my area (San Diego) and I see all sorts of them around. 27-28 is pretty good, but you should be able to go higher than that downhill.
Thanks for the reply. I am in South Carolina so it is really consistently flat. I have seen in certain instances—where there is a slight downward grade, I can hit 31 or so, but I am certain that the slight grade here is nothing compared to the hills that you see in San Diego. Hence, I will likely never see the speeds that you are.
Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2022, 06:16 PM   #122
stevet61
Getting Wild

Does anyone else notice the numbers skip depending on the date of the NEOS file your using? Example: copies I have of non- lifted settings from the factory, one dated 4/19/16 goes from line 48 to 64 then to line 73 then continues to 259 uninterrupted. Another non-lifted factory file I have dated 1/4/21 is different. That file goes to 63 not 64 then skips to line 127 and continues to the end uninterrupted.
Are those parameter that are missing unused now? They seem important by their description. A train's pics also show he skips 63 to 127 like the newer 1/4/21 file I have. Can anyone explain?
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 03:50 PM   #123
dcmcneely
Not Yet Wild

I just got a new ICON golf cart. I have the program and cable for my 2019 but it want work on the 2022. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the 2022?
dcmcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:42 PM   #124
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmcneely View Post
I just got a new ICON golf cart. I have the program and cable for my 2019 but it want work on the 2022. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the 2022?
It won’t. The 2022s have a different/new controller. See the icon controller id guide: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=183445
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:43 AM   #125
Mikepitzer752
Not Yet Wild

Has anyone figured out the icon Live program to get the 2022 carts faster??? I have tried numerous settings with no luck at all!
Mikepitzer752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:32 AM   #126
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikepitzer752 View Post
Has anyone figured out the icon Live program to get the 2022 carts faster??? I have tried numerous settings with no luck at all!
Faster as in what. Speed adjustments need to be made in 03.02.01. Just because the max is 100 in the software does not mean it will take this value. There are other parameters that affect how high this can be set to. The motor has a max rpm of 7200 in the software. It takes tire size and gear ratio and does the math. Also this value is metric (kph) to figure out mph use google and input your target speed to kph. Using 25mph as an example: google “25mph to kph” you’ll see the answer is 40.23. You would then put the value “40.23” into the “running” column. Click out of that box into another cell and then click the “dwd” button at the top. If you’re trying to go higher than that you will just have to keep playing with it, little increments at a time, if you’re putting in a value and it’s not sticking it’s above the acceptable range- again the actual max value will be based on the motor rpm/gear ratio/tire size- not the 100 the software shows..
Old 08-07-2022, 10:35 AM   #127
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikepitzer752 View Post
How fast can yours currently go? Mine was around 27mph from the factory. Easily got it to 30. And with a lot of parameter changes, was able to hit a max of 37mph. But I turned it back down and can get a max of 32 the way it is set now. And in low speed mode, I have it limited to 18 for the kids.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:20 AM   #128
MC16LTD
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Think I may have found the speedo adjustment problem. If you pull the speedo from the dash, there is a decal with the gear ratio on it. My guess they are non-adjustable and programmed for either standard or lifted carts from factory.
MC16LTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 02:04 AM   #129
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC16LTD View Post
Think I may have found the speedo adjustment problem. If you pull the speedo from the dash, there is a decal with the gear ratio on it. My guess they are non-adjustable and programmed for either standard or lifted carts from factory.
Yes the speedometers are setup with the settings at the factory based off gear ratios and if they are lifted vehicles or not (tire size). Even so they are not correct. 98% of these are still of by 2-4mph from the factory. You can go in the ICONLive program and make a correction to the speed output signal the controller sends to the display to correct it and really get it dialed in.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:14 PM   #130
bhas
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know how to increase the regen on the 2021s with Neos controller? I’ve tried adjusting a number of the parameters with no effect.
bhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon