lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2021, 11:13 PM   #1
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Default DIY Lithium Alibaba 200Ah 3C cells

Looking at these batteries as an option for my 48V CC DS series cart.

Anything look out of the ordinary with them?

Check out this product on Alibaba App Free Shipping Grade A 3.2V Lifepo4 CATL 200Ah Battery Solar Battery 12V 200Ah https://m.alibaba.com/product/160005...00000%22%7D%7D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Default Re: DIY Lithium Alibaba 200Ah 3C cells

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
AussieInSeattle
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from Texas View Post
Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BGW is great for cart stuff but is in its infancy with regards to shipping stuff like lifepo4 batteries out of China with only a handful having done it compared to the many that have gone the leaf/volt route.

For the answers you are looking for sign up on the diysolarforum.com site and do a search on xuba and Amy and research accordingly. There is a diy lifepo4 pack subforum where most of the info is. I bought my 120Ah cells through Amy and so far so good - I think she changed companies though. I can get you her details if you like but still research yourself imo.

Many on that forum purchased the 280Ah eve (I think) cells through her. Pricing and seller experiences are constantly changing and that forum will give you the latest information from people buying the cells you want.

The people on the diy forum are mainly solar folks so you have to keep in mind that they are usually discharging at lower C rates compared to the needs of a golf cart. So just make sure you have battery specs and cart requirements matched up.

I went with 120Ah cells that are 2C continuous (240amps) and 3C for 30 seconds (360amps) for my Alltrax 500, Admiral A2 precedent with standard size tires. I didn't need the capacity/range of 120Ah but you need the higher Ah cells in order to get the higher discharge rates.

Be sure to report back here what you get and what your experience was :-)

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
AussieInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:01 PM   #4
cman9toes
Not Yet Wild

AussieInSeattle, If I could pick your brain for a minute, I am looking to exactly what you have done with my Yamaha Drive. I've actually been digging over DIYsolar a ton and have about decided to order from Amy at Docan.

My questions are:
1. What BMS are you using
2. What charger
3. What else is needed for a 48v setup with the 16 cells in series

Thanks, David
cman9toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:04 PM   #5
cman9toes
Not Yet Wild

to the OP I like that Docan has a warehouse in Houston and it's free shipping. Ton's of great reviews on the diy solar forum, but most order direct from Amy.

Aussie, did you do anything for compression on your batteries in the golf cart or do you not worry about that with this application?
Old 03-31-2022, 05:54 PM   #6
nathanhamlet
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman9toes View Post
AussieInSeattle, If I could pick your brain for a minute, I am looking to exactly what you have done with my Yamaha Drive. I've actually been digging over DIYsolar a ton and have about decided to order from Amy at Docan.

My questions are:
1. What BMS are you using
2. What charger
3. What else is needed for a 48v setup with the 16 cells in series

Thanks, David
Did you end up picking up a BMS? What did you use to encapsulate the cells?
nathanhamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 10:18 PM   #7
cman9toes
Not Yet Wild

Nathan, I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have decided on a 200 amp JBD BMS though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium