lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2021, 03:06 PM   #1
cantrelmitl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 EZGO RXV Little Slower After 2 GA Cable Upgrade

Hi,
I just removed and replaced the solenoid and upgraded my battery cables to 2GA while doing. Everything seems to be fine, golf cart runs quieter, has a little more torque, but seems to run a little slower. I followed the RXV manual on removal and replacing. Put cart in into Tow/Maint mode, removed main Neg, then Pos cables off of batteries before working and taped off to the side for safety. Completed solenoid and battery cable replacement without any issues. BTW, cleaned all of the cables and connections and put a light coat of petroleum jelly on the connectors. Did I miss anything? Does the controller have to relearn after having no power? Thanks for your help.
Mike C
cantrelmitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2021, 08:33 PM   #2
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 EZGO RXV Little Slower After 2 GA Cable Upgrade

I'm assuming you have a Danahar controller. Is the new solenoid the same model as the old one? 2ga cables to the controller as well?
I think it uses a 36 volt solenoid. As far as I know there's no learning curve, mine's sat for weeks with no power with no issues. Good luck.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
cantrelmitl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes sir, I have the same controller and replaced the solenoid with identical spec solenoid. It is a 36V solenoid, but so was the original one. I did not upgrade the cable going from the side that goes to the controller. The cart has actually sped up since driving it a few times. I really only notice the slower speed when going up a hill with my wife and I in the cart. It actually has a lot quicker and torquer response with WOT at all other times, but just appeared to have a slower top speed when going up steep hills. I was worried that the controller had been programmed with a lil more speed and I undone it when I left the battery disconnected for about 4 hours. Unfortunately, got in the middle of the swap and found out solenoid I ordered online had a different mounting plate and dimensions, which made it impossible to install. So, I drove to my local golf cart store and was surprised they had one. Anyway, just asking to make sure I didn't mess up anything by draining the power so long on the controller. Thanks for your help and response.

Mike C
Old 08-29-2021, 11:54 AM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The main positive and negative along with the cable from the solenoid to controller B+ needs to be 2awg also.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #5
cantrelmitl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Roger, replaced main positive and negative from battery bank, but I didn't do the controller cable. I asked 2 different cart techs about this and they said it didn't matter, but i did think it was odd not to upgrade it too since it also connected to the solenoid. Are there any other cables you would recommend upgrading besides that one? I only see one other in that same area below the solenoid, but I think it goes to the motor as it goes underneath and back toward the motor. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.
Mike C

Tags
2 ga cable upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO