lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2022, 01:41 PM   #1
sodar
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G29 Transaxle Leak at split case

I've been trying to search, but can't find any good videos or info here or on Facebook.

I have a drip from the split case of my Team transaxle. It is not the axle seals or input shaft, which is all I can find regarding leaks. It is from the seam of the split case.

I've searched the part diagrams and find that no gasket is shown. I've been able to reseach that RTV sealant is used in lieu of a gasket.

I am planning on securing the transaxle in a vertical position with the bolt heads facing upward, removing the bolts, lifting the top half of the case off, cleaning the mating surfaces, applying RTV and putting it back together.

Do I need to remove the axles before I do this? Will everything stay put inside the transaxle or am I going to have everything fall apart in my hands or worse?

Can anyone lend some guidance on splitting the case to make this repair?
sodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2022, 08:35 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Transaxle Leak at split case

You do not have to remove the axles. I have had mine apart to replace the brake discs. Just split the case, clean the surfaces, apply RTV and reassemble. There are pages from the Shop manual here in the forum that show the whole thing.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:01 AM   #3
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Leave the tire mounted to the axle. This makes a good base when you stand the transaxle up on end.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:11 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I used my old "Workmate" as a stand when I serviced my transaxle. It's not that heavy with the motor and wheels removed.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:02 PM   #5
sodar
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the tips, guys. I used a workmate, but the tire idea is a great one!

Anyways, I put on my big boy pants and just did it last night. It was easy and my worries were unfounded. It's actually pretty simple and everything inside and out, came apart easily. I dumped some ATF fluid in the case just to clean up the spots I can't get to a little. I'll flus that out before reassembly.

I'm running to the auto parts store today to get some brake clean and RTV. Hopefully I'll have it back together tonight, refilled and reinstalled by tomorrow night.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg
sodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:39 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Looks good. You can lift some of the gears out if you want to see the brake assembly. Mine came out easily. Bearings stay on the shafts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha