lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2022, 04:57 PM   #141
Stroked250
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2022 ICON Controller Parameters.

Has anyone figured out more on the Restraint tab, aside from turning off regen?
Stroked250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2022, 10:32 AM   #142
StuartT
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked250 View Post
Has anyone figured out more on the Restraint tab, aside from turning off regen?
I am also interested in this mid-throttle regen braking issue. We drive almost exclusively around a RV resort so most speeds are 5 to 10 mph. I have regen turned off (08.03.01 = 2) so letting off the peddle completely at any speed results in free coasting. But let off 1/2 or 3/4 and regen still kicks in and makes holding a constant slow speed difficult. JAG mentions some parameters in post #123, but I did not really understand how to apply the information.

If anyone has the solution, I would really like to know what you modified or adjusted to fix this. It is my #1 gripe.
StuartT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:35 AM   #143
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartT View Post
I am also interested in this mid-throttle regen braking issue. We drive almost exclusively around a RV resort so most speeds are 5 to 10 mph. I have regen turned off (08.03.01 = 2) so letting off the peddle completely at any speed results in free coasting. But let off 1/2 or 3/4 and regen still kicks in and makes holding a constant slow speed difficult. JAG mentions some parameters in post #123, but I did not really understand how to apply the information.

If anyone has the solution, I would really like to know what you modified or adjusted to fix this. It is my #1 gripe.
I have not experienced that, but i run in regen mode. And when I tested it, it was just in the driveway. I'll see if I can do some testing this evening and see if I can replicate what you are seeing.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:07 PM   #144
StuartT
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thumbs up Re: 2022 ICON Controller Parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __JAG__ View Post
I have not experienced that, but i run in regen mode. And when I tested it, it was just in the driveway. I'll see if I can do some testing this evening and see if I can replicate what you are seeing.
Thank you.
Old 06-07-2022, 12:22 PM   #145
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by __JAG__ View Post
08.03.01 is the Regen parameters.
To turn it off set it to “0”.
The options are:
0- off
1- no driving force but with braking force
2- no drive and braking force

Not quite sure exactly what that broken English boils down to but those are the 3 parameters.
KRAZYMATT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:30 PM   #146
StuartT
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
08.03.01 is the Regen parameters.
To turn it off set it to “0”.
The options are:
0- off
1- no driving force but with braking force
2- no drive and braking force

Not quite sure exactly what that broken English boils down to but those are the 3 parameters.
I just changed the setting to 0. Unfortunately that just duplicates setting 1, i.e. regen at all throttle settings. And just so there is no question, I did save the 0 setting when I changed it and it was showing 0 when I got back from the test run. I have returned it back to 2 for now.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:02 PM   #147
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:

Ok i see what you are talking about, but I dont think that is the regen braking. Its the speed controller still trying to regulate the speed. A speed controller is not ON/OFF. But it will coast to stop, but since there isn't a Start/Stop signal, just a throttle, they have to get creative with the programming.

If you are having issues regulating the speed, or keeping it constant, you might want to look at the throttle map settings. 05.01.05 and .06. I had to adjust these for the same issue.

If you want it to release into coast mode quicker, I believe this is controlled by Neu Torque release time, 08.01.02.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:18 AM   #148
StuartT
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

_JAG_, thanks for looking into this and possible solutions. Hope I can eventually work this problem out. The fact that it is not necessarily being caused by regen is significant. Don't know if I have the chops to mess with the throttle map or torque release time, but I am going to look into it.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:57 AM   #149
Campfire79
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
_JAG_, thanks for looking into this and possible solutions. Hope I can eventually work this problem out. The fact that it is not necessarily being caused by regen is significant. Don't know if I have the chops to mess with the throttle map or torque release time, but I am going to look into it.
Please keep us updated on what you find. My driving situation is similar to yours and yes I agree with you that is the most annoying thing for us.
Campfire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:00 AM   #150
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
What are your throttle map settings?
Mine from the factory was very non linear. It was a curve and made it very ON/OFF.
I wanted it linear. So I set mine at:
05.01.05 - 25%
05.01.06 - 50%

For the torque release, 08.01.02, mine was at 500ms from factory. I think the issue felt better and released faster when I lowered this to 100ms.

I would just try some things and see what feels best to you. Change things 1 parameter at a time or maybe 2 if its the throttle map. But if you change to much, you don't know what change made the outcome. Also make sure you either take screen shots of current settings or take good notes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon