lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2022, 07:02 PM   #1
BFR549
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Shorted out wires, Harley gas golf cart D model

Have a 73 Harley gas cart D model. Pretty much all wires leading to generator/starter, coil, voltage reg, solenoid, coil and ignition condenser fried.
Not sure what caused it.
So my question would be, what should i replace? Wiring for sure.
Should I just replace wires and see what happens?
Any help would be appreciated.

Also, what battery is recommended for these golf carts. Cannot seem to find the information. Thought I read a group 24 battery. Again any help appreciated
BFR549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2022, 09:27 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Shorted out wires, Harley gas golf cart D model

I am of the opinion that battery choice for these carts isn't all the important. Any 12v one will do so long as it fits in the battery tray. Understand that Group 24 only really means "general purpose."

Regarding the burnt wiring, you certainly have a short somewhere, obviously. It's been my experience that most causes of shorts on these carts is the wiring itself or starter / generator. Certainly, you want to replace the wiring first but take care to clean all areas where wires connect. Most often not connection points are corroded thus leading to shorts.

If you take your starter / generator to an alternator shop they will be able to tell you if there is a short in it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, fried, short, wires, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson