lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2022, 01:40 PM   #11
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Off-road tires for deep beach sand

the GBC afterburners have been great tires for both road and southwest Florida's sugar sand

https://www.midwesttraction.com/stor...tv--utv-tires/
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2022, 11:53 AM   #12
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Off-road tires for deep beach sand

I live in Florida. We have sugar sand, orange trees love that stuff but it will get just about anything stuck if you stop in it. The only thing that works for me has been the smallest rim I could find with the biggest ballon tire that would fit. My first set were 22x11x8 all-terrain v-tread Lumberjacks - and they worked great, only 2-ply and VERY flexible sidewall, I think they recommended 5psi operating pressure. They didn’t vibrate on the road but they did roar loud! Worked very very well in sugar sand. I never got stuck.

Years later after I wore those out I had the thought; if those big ballon tires worked so good, bigger balloon tires would work even better. So I went as big as I could find in the balloon category. Carlisle HD Field Trax 25x12x9. Those were a challenge from the get-go, the rims that fit them and the 4/4 pattern on the cart were hard to find, to stuff them under the DS also required some mods to the fenders and even the steering arms so they didn’t scrub. These are what’s currently installed and I’ve also never gotten stuck with them, but I almost did when I had-to run through some mud on the way back to camp. I avoid mud when I can - I hate cleaning up the stuff - but sometimes you won’t have a choice. I absolutely love their look and more turf-friendly treat pattern, and I think they work even better in the softer sand but the Lumberjack 22x11’s 2-ply did ride noticeably smoother over choppy terrain and were just a better do-it-all tire that fit under the DS easily and mounted to the easy-to-find 8” golf cart wheels. Here’s two pics, one with the 22” v-tread lumberjacks, and one with the 25” field trax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 12:19 PM   #13
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Off-road tires for deep beach sand

Small rim air down so the track widens. Same premise as for beach driving permitted areas of soft sand. Mild highway treads seem to work better in soft sand as there is nothing for lugs to grip unto. Unless of course insane power and speed.
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts