lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2022, 10:56 AM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: KF92 engine will not get up to speed

When it’s “running” open the carb throttle by hand. If it revs up good and high then it is running. If nothing really changes then it’s not running, just the starter gen turning the motor over

Just put it in service mode and run it in neutral and work the carb by hand. Should be very easy to tell
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2022, 10:27 AM   #22
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Thanks CP , I'll check it out and let you know . once again , thanks again .
Copperman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 01:34 PM   #23
Copperman61
Gone Wild

CP , put the cart in service mode and worked the throttle ( carb linkage) by hand - not much of a change ( if any). You were correct, the starter /gen was moving the cart. Crap , NOW WHAT ?
Old 06-11-2022, 03:13 PM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Now you need to diagnose why it’s not running.

Make sure it’s got spark
Check compression

If I recall correctly, it quit on you all of the sudden. So I wouldmy worry too much about fuel at the moment, carb issues are generally gradual. But if you’ve got spark and compression then spray a little carb cleaner down the carb while trying to start it and see if it fires up.

Compression should be around 100psi
Old 06-12-2022, 08:23 AM   #25
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Checked for spark - strong spark.. Compression is 70 psi. will have to get carb cleaner.It ran decent with 70 psi , then it gradually started losing power ( in a period of a couple of minutes . That was a few weeks ago . ill get some carb cleaner and check back. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:16 AM   #26
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Make sure to hold the throttle completely open by hand when checking compression. Check that again and make sure it’s right.

If 70psi is correct then put a cap full of oil in the spark plug hole and check it again.

70psi is low and she’s tired. If the compression jumps up a bunch with oil in the cylinder then it’s time for a rebuild. If the compression stays at 70 then you have a valve issue or head gasket problem.
Old 06-12-2022, 12:19 PM   #27
Copperman61
Gone Wild

I believe she is " tuckered out ". Either way , probably time for a new engine. I have another KF82 that i tried to rebuild ,without success. I guess i'll look for another engine. What is your opinion of a horizontal shaft engine from Harbor Freight ?
Old 06-12-2022, 05:37 PM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Here’s how I’d look at it. You’ve got 70psi compression. It would take very little to get that one working again.

The predator swap is always an option. I’m personally not a fan. They’re fun and make a lot of power but loud and take a lot of tinkering to get everything just right. Kinda loses that “smooth quiet” operation you’d expect from a golf cart. It’s also fairly pricey when you factor in the parts and the engine and everything to swap it. I’d highly recommend a vegas cart kit, makes the swaps pretty straight forward and easy. But it’s pricey too. Last cart I swapped was an ezgo and I left it electric start with a key, because it was easier and cheaper. I was still into it over a grand by the time it was all done.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:33 AM   #29
Copperman61
Gone Wild

I hear you . I think I'll try to rebuild the KF . I had a problem last time trying to get the timing right .I'll figure something out - appreciate your input . I'll let you know when it is running . Thank you .
Old 06-30-2022, 01:01 PM   #30
Copperman61
Gone Wild

CP , put a cap of oil down the jug - compression rose to 80 psi - not a lot of difference between the original 70 psi and the latest 80 psi. what would you do next , if it was your cart ? Thanks, Doug.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car