lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2022, 04:19 PM   #1
FyremanTFD
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery or charger issue?

I’ve got either a battery problem or charger problem that I need some help with. A few days ago, my charger wouldn’t go from yellow to green on the indicator light after charging overnight. Never had this happen before. Now it hasn’t gone to green since (5-6 days). I just checked the voltage on all the batteries. 3 had 8.6v, 2 had 8.4v and one had 8.5v. It’s been unplugged for 8 hours, but not used. The whole system showed 51.3 volts. Those voltages seem normal to me. Am I missing something? Or is the charger the issue? It’s a 2020 I40 that I bought used last August.
TIA
FyremanTFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2022, 07:17 PM   #2
anpgator
Getting Wild

Default Re: Battery or charger issue?

Can you set your DVM to the setting that reads 2 decimal places? If those two 8.6 are actually 8.69 and the 8.4 is 8.40, that’s quite a variation when you consider the actual operating range of a full pack to the nominal voltage.
anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:53 AM   #3
ATrain
Gone Wild

If you're near an autoparts store, it can't hurt to drive there and have them use their battery tester and see if it gives you any info.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:24 PM   #4
FyremanTFD
Not Yet Wild

We’ll, I’ve decided to just go ahead and change out the batteries. After about 2 miles or so, the voltage is dropping to about 46 volts for the system. That’s only running at about 15-18 mph on flat ground with my wife and me on the cart.
So I’m looking for a kit for an Eco Battery or RoyPow p-series in the 105ah size. I got a quote, but communications haven’t been great with the battery dealer. So anyone have an idea where I can get a setup? I need the battery pack, on board charger, voltage reducer, and a decent SOC meter. TIA
FyremanTFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 10:33 AM   #5
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I just went through this. My batteries were bad. Theyd hold a charge cause I never drained them too far, so a couple hours would charge them back to 51V but they were getting boiled and producing alot of sulfur smell.

Went with Ranger 160s for a little added range. Still in formatting stages, but I think Ill be very happy with the increased capacity.

I wanted to go Lithium when the batteries that came with cart went. I figured I would spend around $3500 vs the $1200 or so at the time Rangers would have cost.

With the increases in prices on everything, coupled with various issues Ive read about Lithium and know about Lithium, Id be nervous to leave my cart charging in my garage all the time. My dealer didn't recommend it either.

Funny considering ICON I believe started as a lithium battery idea (at least I know the founder was involved in one)
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon