lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2022, 11:43 AM   #1
willygee
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Amsoil small engine or amsoil signature series or neither

Amsoil signature series on clearance($13.79) at advance Auto. Gets hot here in Central Florida and we have over a hundred miles of golf cart trails amsoil and Pennzoil ultra seem to rain supreme on project farm oil tests. Opinions appreciated.

Amsoil Pennzoil shootout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWuKvnCq1js

Last edited by willygee; 06-24-2022 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: price add link
willygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Amsoil small engine or amsoil signature series or neither

I use synthetic 10w-30 Mobil 1 in my 2016 Drive. No issues.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:31 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

When I lived in the south I always just used whatever Walmart super tech full synthetic was cheapest and changed it at reasonable intervals.

I had a car I bought with 120k miles to commute 200+ miles per day to work. I put around 150k miles on it when I sold it, doing the bare minimum of maintenance and using the cheap Walmart oil in it too, every 5k miles(ish). At 260k I changed the timing belt (it broke) and while I was there I did a compression test just out of curiosity. 210-205-205-210 (in that order). I sold it with 275k or around there and it still ran perfect, didn’t burn or leak a drop of oil.

I’ve come to the conclusion that yes some oils are better than others and everyone will always have their preference and opinions of what’s “best”. Truth is, “best” is just changing it regularly. I believe they’re all perfectly adequate as long as you maintain the engine and change the oil regularly.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:51 PM   #4
willygee
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The project farm video I thought was very objective. Mobile one fan for years but might change over to Pennzoil ultra or amsoil in my vehicles.
willygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 10:45 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Today, brand is less important as oil change intervals. I go with 3 months 3k miles for conventional oil and 5k miles for synthetic. Filters do make a good difference.

For a cart, the type of use will surely determine the oil change intervals. Dirty and dusty conditions I would for sure change every 50 hours minimum. High rpm or high performance use, same deal. If you don't put a lot of hours on your machine, just change the oil twice a year.

Synthetic oils today are far superior to conventional oils, but they must be full synthetic. The blends are a crap shoot and I don't use them. Go either conventional or synthetic, no blend.

High hour engines will use more oil with a synthetic. A high mileage oil has additives in it to seal the rings and to swell gaskets.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:57 AM   #6
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would pick it up I saw online that it is about 63 bucks one of the bigger jugs and oil has no shelf life so you can get it and keep for years and use it as you need it
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:27 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
oil has no shelf life
Wrong again
Old 06-27-2022, 04:47 PM   #8
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Google it
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 06:00 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
Google it
Sure. First result to “does oil have a shelf life” in Google. Right at the very top.

ExxonMobil states, "In general, the recommended shelf life for oils and greases is typically five years when stored properly in the original sealed containers."

That’s stored properly in the original sealed containers. Once the container is opened then it’s no longer the original sealed container. Once the container is opened it exposes the product to air and moisture. Then breakdowns, moisture ingestion, and other chemical changes occur.

Unless ExxonMobil isn’t a credible source as to oil storage
Old 06-27-2022, 06:13 PM   #10
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I use the Amsoil small engine oil in my two Yamaha PTV's and it's great oil. I believe there is a lot of good oil available, but I recommend Amsoil to you.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha