lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2022, 08:53 PM   #1
ckenneyjr
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV need gear set

I have a 2010 RXV that I recently purchased that I am fixing up for my son, the rear end makes a terrible whining sound (way more than the normal rxv whine) i tore it apart and found the input gear pitted up pretty bad. I ordered the cheap replacement from Amazon ($70) to try it but it didn’t help much. The gear that it runs on is in bad shape as well. Before I buy a gear set I was hoping someone that upgraded to a high speed set would like to sale there factory gear.
ckenneyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2022, 04:18 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV need gear set

I've made same experience, terrible loud and the new input shaft didn't solved the problem. I ended up with a new rearend. I hope , you can find someone with a gear set for sale.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:53 AM   #3
Firefighter901
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV need gear set

There are definitely mixed results with the input shaft replacement. I have an 09 RXV and recently did the input shaft replacement with the one you speak of from amazon. It made a very noticeable decrease in the whine.
Firefighter901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO