lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Restoration Project - NEED HELP

Darn these Bifocals!!!!!!
Well, I must admit to speed reading, Looking for a diagram. But you are right there it all is..... In yellow and red! Just wanted to see. It is exactly as I understood it would be. I went the 48v charger route.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2008, 04:15 PM   #22
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

scottyb,
I understand I have them too! I do it the same way on Club Car's I make 48.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I did it to both of mine but, both were resistor coils, so real simple! But now I want to put the 480 controller in the CC. I'm waiting on the pot. (so to speak, he. he.) I may have a few questions. Like where to mount the controller? The wiring seems pretty simple per the diagrams that came with the unit as long as the pot wiring is well marked...I am curious to see if the cotroller conversion is going to worth the investment or if the cart runs about the same as with resistor coils. What is your experience?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:19 AM   #24
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: EZGO Restoration Project - NEED HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
scottyb,
You must be! Here it is all in his post.

Gornoman

Holy crap!!! That is a hella nice golf cart, it looks like a ferrari!!! Mine looks like someone shaped an old dumpster into a 3-wheeled toy.
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #25
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalaz View Post
ok just trying to help didnt meen to insult in anyway its easy to connect a charger that is not ment to be used on a 36v system incorrectly. I have just a little more experince than one electronics class and it never crossed my mind to connect the 12v charger to my pack the way that Gornoman did.
no no no no no, its okay, wasn't insulted...

But the explanation gornoman has is really confusing, can someone spell it out for me, I couldn't follow his logic... Thanks!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #26
napalaz
Gone Wild

real easy the negative curent closes your circuit so if you have 8 bats (6volt)
hooked in series every two batery are 12v so if you have a 36v charger you place the negative from the charger on the last bat and th pos. on the third and then you take a 12v charger and put the neg. on the second and the pos. on the first this way you are isolating the packs without disconecting from each other you could also use this with 3 small 12v chargers ($25@walmart) to charge a 36v pack
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #27
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Quote:
real easy the negative curent closes your circuit so if you have 8 bats (6volt)
hooked in series every two batery are 12v so if you have a 36v charger you place the negative from the charger on the last bat and th pos. on the third and then you take a 12v charger and put the neg. on the second and the pos. on the first this way you are isolating the packs without disconecting from each other you could also use this with 3 small 12v chargers ($25@walmart) to charge a 36v pack
FINALLY!!! THANK YOU GOD!!! I finally have been given a way to charge my batteries without buying a $200 charger!!! Wooooooot!!! BUT, will the 12v chargers properly shut-off when the batteries are full!?!

THANK YOU NAPA!!! OMG, you should have your own section, just like spriddle, you have the best advice I've seen, a true enthusiast!!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #28
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

Gorno, clean your floor mat it is dirty.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #29
napalaz
Gone Wild

depending on the bat charger if its automatic or not I use a vector charger and it works great. Thanks for the kind words but I defenetly dont have the know how that most of the guys in this forum have Im just passing info that they have gevin me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoRider420 View Post
FINALLY!!! THANK YOU GOD!!! I finally have been given a way to charge my batteries without buying a $200 charger!!! Wooooooot!!! BUT, will the 12v chargers properly shut-off when the batteries are full!?!

THANK YOU NAPA!!! OMG, you should have your own section, just like spriddle, you have the best advice I've seen, a true enthusiast!!! THANK YOU!!!
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 AM   #30
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Quote:
depending on the bat charger if its automatic or not I use a vector charger and it works great. Thanks for the kind words but I defenetly dont have the know how that most of the guys in this forum have Im just passing info that they have gevin me
You said that you were a certified painter, you should at least have your own painting how-to section or something. Painting, for me at least, is the hardest process in restoration. Engines, easy; mechanics, easy; paint AHHHH!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO