lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #11
paulzilla
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Advice on old E-Z-GO cart...

Scotty,

I cleaned up the cables and it did seem to take a better charge. It also has a little more pep. My kids are out driving it right now. Replacing all the cables and wiring will probably be my next step after taking care of the body and rust. Do you know what average run times are for these carts with fresh batteries? I don't have anything to compare mine to.
paulzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalaz View Post
the front on the 3 wheeler are kinda funky I have flipped the catalog a bunch of times and havent found one that will work the bottom bolt is huge and the shock is realy short ther seems to be two different types of front suspensions on the 3 wheeler and mine has the stange one that I just described but if you have a part number of the ones they sold you Ill pull them from my stock and take a look at thanks for the info.
Didn't mean for your cart particularily. Just has always worked for me.....somehow. Here is what I did for our 3 wheeler front end.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-needs-2.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Paul, ...90 minutes peddle time if everthing is working well.......
Old 02-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
paulzilla
Not Yet Wild

Rodger,

Thanks for the welcome. The site is full of info. I found the wiring diagrams for my cart pretty quickly. Also saw some photos of carts like mine that had some great customizations in the old school marathon thread that gave me some good ideas. You're right about the parts. If I can't find 'em, I'll make or fix 'em (or get someone else to).
Old 02-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #15
paulzilla
Not Yet Wild

Scotty,

Thanks! That helps a lot. I'm probably getting about 60 minutes now but I'll have to really time it and see.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #16
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Ive learned with the old electrics is if it isnt broke dont fix it i can give you plenty of examples, 60 minutes seems alright if there older batts., these carts are not worth a whole lot so i wouldnt dump a bunch of money into it.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #17
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Parts are going to be the hard part. They don't make them anymore. I have a old three wheelier that I'm taking to the dump this weekend.
Here is a picture of what's going to the dump.If someone wants anything they better hollar!
I wished i lived closer i could really use the top and front end.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #18
paulzilla
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddymankc View Post
Ive learned with the old electrics is if it isnt broke dont fix it i can give you plenty of examples, 60 minutes seems alright if there older batts., these carts are not worth a whole lot so i wouldnt dump a bunch of money into it.
Yeah, I'm going to do things as cheaply as possible without compromising safety or performance. Priciest replacements seem to be batteries, charger and motor. Charger and motor are great so I will have to test batteries to really find out if they are going to last.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Cleaning all those nasty connections and replacing those corroded cables will help. Have you checked the water levels yet? Have you thought about replacing that avatar? It's like trying to read something next to a strobe light.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #20
paulzilla
Not Yet Wild

I cleaned the connections but haven't replaced the cables yet. I think I'll do that after I get the body and frame back into shape. The water levels on the batteries are good but I'm going to test them eventually. I have no idea how old they are. They are Trojan batteries and someone said that the numbers on the terminal indicate the year. Is that true? If the avatar really bothers people that much I'll replace it with something still.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO