lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #31
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: New CC Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Since you are a car guy you know the interest/value a serial makes. Curious to know what your is, hopefully for you it ends with something like 000001!
It won't. Serial numbers aren't vehicle specific. They go in order of vehicles produced, regardless of what vehicle they are. That would be cool though. I can remember doing warranty claims when I worked for the dealer. I'd have 15 Precedents with serial numbers in a sequence all at the same golf course, then a gap of about 10 that were all DS cars somewhere in Ohio, then back to the Precedents again. It's all based on order of production.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2017, 08:37 PM   #32
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well that just SUCKS! Imagine owning a corvette with serial 0002 because 0001 was stuck on a chevy sprint somewhere.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:14 PM   #33
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Well that just SUCKS! Imagine owning a corvette with serial 0002 because 0001 was stuck on a chevy sprint somewhere.
Yeah.. LOL. Same concept. The only thing different is the prefix. For example two cars can be made back to back. One being a DS and the other being a Precedent. Serial numbers would be something to the effect of AQ1722-901503 and PH1722-901504. It's blasphemy!
Old 02-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #34
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

NOT comparing a ds to a chevy Sprint [I think in a lot of ways a ds, at least the older ones, were a better built cart, but when you pay good money for a NEW model,,, well,,, it still sucks.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #35
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettontsmith View Post
Very interested in seeing some up close pictures as well. Just checked CC's website and under the spec's they list the following for the rear suspension "Patent pending w/ Track Bar and Automotive Grade Jounce Bumpers". Interested to know exactly what this setup looks like. The website used to list "Leaf springs with dual hydraulic shocks" for the Precedent & DS models. They don't show any pictures of the rear end, though. I know Yamaha is introducing a new IRS, so I wonder if CC is trying to keep up.
My understanding based on what the salesman told me is that the suspension is the same as the precedent except for it has a rear track bar, the bump stop aka jounce bumper was redesigned (apparently the Precedent setup can knock the bumpstop off) and it has dual rate HD rear springs so they are softer with nobody on the rear seat. I'm guessing the track bar also has something to do with keeping the axle from catching the bumpstop and pulling it off
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:23 PM   #36
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
My understanding based on what the salesman told me is that the suspension is the same as the precedent except for it has a rear track bar, the bump stop aka jounce bumper was redesigned (apparently the Precedent setup can knock the bumpstop off) and it has dual rate HD rear springs so they are softer with nobody on the rear seat. I'm guessing the track bar also has something to do with keeping the axle from catching the bumpstop and pulling it off
Post pictures of that please.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #37
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I stopped by my Local CC dealer today, I think they have 5 new Onwards in stock.

Here are a couple of photos I took. I didn't ask for prices, but after looking on-line I am thinking these are $10K rides.

They are very nice looking, and plush!!

Aflyer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC Onward.jpg (220.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CC Onward 2.jpg (168.1 KB, 0 views)
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:04 PM   #38
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Nice looking carts!
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:49 AM   #39
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

So after seeing it in person I decided to get the Platinum instead of the red. Gets delivered tomorrow after work and the top should be here on Friday. They know I'm chomping at the but to get it so they said they will install the top at my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2017, 02:50 AM   #40
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Serial number. Sadly not 000001

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car