lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #31
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Very interesting AG. I didn't know deer did not have UV filters in their eyes. Here I am worried about scent. Now I wanna go home and put a black light on all my camo.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2018, 04:55 AM   #32
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
With a hunting cart, be careful with any paints that have UV protectant or even worse UV brighteners.

They can make a "black" item look like a glowing blue blob to deer and other wildlife.

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/pub..._printer.shtml

There are many sources of info for this, this was just one I found quickly.

I have a gun sling made from black paracord that looks white when viewed with night vision equipment. You would be shocked at how much stuff starts to glow when you put on a NVG setup. Makes you think twice about what you should wear.
Interesting. I have been aware of the fact deer can see UV. Which is the only reason I spend money on specialized detergent to wash my gear. The fact that most all cleaners today have bleaching agents and optical brighteners, not to mention perfumes, begs the question. Do "cleaners" actually clean?

I had not thought about if the Raptor liner would be an issue with this. I'll have to take a look at this!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #33
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

I take no responsibility for anybody replacing all of their hunting gear.

On a side note, I have harvested just as many deer wearing "non-camo" clothes as I have wearing camo. I think most camo sold is to make the hunter feel good about their sport, and not really to help them in the sport.

I do wash all my hunting gear in the special "hunting" detergent, be it camo or not camo.

That being said, my cart is navy blue, and blue is the worst color for blending into the environment. Nothing is really naturally blue (excepts a few flowers and the sky) and deer can see blue really well. Even with this handicap, the deer don't seem to be really bothered by my blue golf cart and will allow me to get really close before they run.

Deer are more affected by odd movements than seeing an odd object.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:27 AM   #34
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I agree on the camo part. I have been known to wear jeans and a camo hoodie while hunting. I figured hunters haven't always worn camo when hunting and it never hurt them.

The grandfather of a close friend on mine long ago used to go hunting in blue jeans or Dickies khakis and a button down work shirt. He hunted from the ground at the base of a tree because and didn't own a tree stand. Needless to say, he shot a deer every year that I knew him.

EDIT: Sorry to get your thread off track BBBHC.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #35
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I hunt in jeans, shorts, pants, etc. Most of our clubs are all Still hunting so we have blinds, tree and box stands that are all draped and covered. You just have to be quiet, neutral smelling, and an accurate scope for 100-150 yards and you are in like Flynn.... (I have heavy insulated Camo for hunting out west)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:40 PM   #36
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
As far as the specs on my battery pack: It's a 58V 128ah pack. That being said, that would be in brand new status.
Thanks for the pack info ... that should give you plenty of capacity for your cart.

Great rebuild write up so far ... looking good
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #37
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
I take no responsibility for anybody replacing all of their hunting gear.
Ha ha!
Old 10-25-2018, 07:05 AM   #38
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Sorry to get your thread off track BBBHC.
No harm, no foul NCPW! We can learn about more than just golf cars on this forum.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:09 AM   #39
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Thanks for the pack info ... that should give you plenty of capacity for your cart.

Great rebuild write up so far ... looking good
Thanks ThreeCW! I Hope folks are enjoying, and hopefully getting some good information.

I hope everyone feels free to ask questions, as well as give advice and ideas!
Old 10-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #40
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Moving to the battery, motor, controller, solenoid and wiring.

I decided for my setup, that keeping all 14 battery modules together was going to be best. Due to the fact that the pack will fit between the frame rails, I can have the pack sit a little lower, for better center of gravity. . This being originally a gas cart, the frame rails are a little wider apart than in an originally electric cart. I do not know the measurement between the frame rails of an electric cart. I just wanted to make a point of that for anyone considering such a build. I ordered a sheet of hdpe plastic sheet, that I will use to protect the battery pack from foreign objects. I used 5/16" allthread, 1/8" x 1.5" angle aluminum and the plastic sheet to create a cage to mount the battery pack in the cart.

battcage - Copy.jpg
battcageII - Copy.jpg

I installed the motor, Admiral A4 14hp torque motor.
I mocked up the battery pack, controller, solenoid and wiring harness. (The wiring harness is an IQ setup, which I will use the diagram from a 2003 club car. This setup was put together with David from site sponsor; revolutiongolfcars.com.)

mockup1 - Copy.jpg

mockup2 - Copy.jpg
mockup4 - Copy.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car