lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Default CC onward with Navitas 5kw AC and 150ah 72v Lithium

Just pulled the trigger on a Navitas AC 5kw conversion kit with a solenoid and 2g wires along with a extreme team 72v 150ah lithium. The AC kit will come in before the battery so I will try ot get that hooked up before (not the 72v solenoid).

Any tips or tricks on installation of the motor and controller? I have not done that before. Does the body need to come off?

Going to be a long wait for that battery lol.
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #2
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: CC onward with Navitas 5kw AC and 150ah 72v Lithium

I’ve installed six of these kits this year. No need to take the body off. The controller mounts in the battery compartment replacing the existing controller.
The motor can be exchanged by jacking up the back of the cart and putting it on jack stands. Unwire the motor and brakes. Then disconnect the rear spring shackles and lower the axle to the ground. You can then remove the u-bolts connecting the springs to the axle and roll it out the back. The motors are exchanged there and then the process reversed to reinstall....
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
I’ve installed six of these kits this year. No need to take the body off. The controller mounts in the battery compartment replacing the existing controller.
The motor can be exchanged by jacking up the back of the cart and putting it on jack stands. Unwire the motor and brakes. Then disconnect the rear spring shackles and lower the axle to the ground. You can then remove the u-bolts connecting the springs to the axle and roll it out the back. The motors are exchanged there and then the process reversed to reinstall....
Ok, good deal. I really didn't want to take the body off, I figured there was a way to do it from underneath.

Any special kinds of tools needed other than regular screws, Torx, or bolts?
Old 03-17-2021, 08:25 PM   #4
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Nothing special. A high lift jack and a set of good jack stands are the only things “extra”
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:12 PM   #5
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
Nothing special. A high lift jack and a set of good jack stands are the only things “extra”
I’m good there, 3 ton jack and a pair of stands already. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car