lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2021, 07:08 PM   #1
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Which pack for my RXV?

So my lead acid batteries are tired and in need of replacement. I would like to make the switch to Lithium. I have a 350 amp Curtis controller that was tuned by Bob.
He is recommending a pack that will provide 500amps under acceleration. Are there any packs out there that can do this or do I have to build one?

Roypow?
Extreme?
Dakota?
Nissan Leaf?

Please help......
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2021, 08:17 PM   #2
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which pack for my RXV?

Is regen going to overload a fully charged lithium battery pack? I was thinking the P model RoyPows have a "coil" (for lack of the correct term) that mounts under the cart to burn off the excess voltage(and start grass fires) but I'm not sure.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:50 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I never worry about Regen overcharging my Lithium battery pack. I don't charge to 100% and Regen doesn't kick in all that often and certainly isn't an issue unless you are going down a very long hill.

My experience is with Leaf cells but I don't recommend this unless you have a fair amount of knowledge about batteries and BMS systems since you need to add your own to complete a system.

One of my golfing buddies recently installed the RoyPow 105AH battery in his Ezgo cart. I looked at his install and it's very nice and clean. It came with mounting hardware and good instructions. It's too soon to tell how it will hold up of course but I liked what I saw.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 02:01 PM   #4
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandyturbo View Post
So my lead acid batteries are tired and in need of replacement. I would like to make the switch to Lithium. I have a 350 amp Curtis controller that was tuned by Bob.
He is recommending a pack that will provide 500amps under acceleration. Are there any packs out there that can do this or do I have to build one?

Roypow?
Extreme?
Dakota?
Nissan Leaf?

Please help......
I have an Rxv with 14" wheels that Bob tuned up. 34mph on flat.
I went with extreme team 150ah pack. It has been wonderful. Somewhere on here I did a write up with some pics. Use mine for golf basically only discharging only 10% per 18 holes.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178841
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO