lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
eng208
Not Yet Wild

Default Which Cab Enclosure?

Hey, I have been asked to purchase a cab enclosure for my in-laws late 90s EZ Go which has a small bed on the back that does not tilt. It is a gas. I also want to get one for my family's new to us 01 ST 1200 Workhorse, with the tilt bed. Not really interested in the tilt feature while the cover is on it. Where would the best place to buy a basic enclosure be? I have looked on ebay, but everything is for a 2 person only, and I don't know if it will fit. I would like some experience and ideas from you guys. Just trying to ward off the cold wind this winter.
Thanks
Eng208
eng208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Which Cab Enclosure?

Northern Tool has covers for carts with extended tops. That is probably as close as you will get to what you need.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...t_6970_799_799

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
Woodie1976
Gone Wild

my thoughts are if ya cant find one anywhere that will fit your needs.... i would say break out the sewing machine and make one.... if you have a upholstery shop around they might be more than tickled to help make one for you to your "custom" specs...... i know thats what i'm thinking about doing is just building my own so that way i know its going to fit 100% all the time
Woodie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

I would at least ask your local ezgo dealer about them, They have those for the workhorse carts as well as the other carts. you might be surprized.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #6
eng208
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I like the one from Northern and that is about what I would pay for one. They have a Northern store about 60 miles from my home. I just don't know if they will fit the EZGo with the box on back or my Workhorse.
Eng208
Old 10-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
doughboy43
Not Yet Wild

I have used covers similar to the Northern ones and have found that they fit reasonably well from the seat forward. From the seat back on the workhorse I let the rear portion hang between the seat and the bed. To get this to fit I raised the bed and rolled the extra legnth up to where it wouldn't lay on the engine(I tied it in a roll)and carefully lowered the bed. On the cart with the bed the extra will just lay in the bed instead of covering it like it would if there were a seat there. I have a propane heater and drive mine all winter and stay very warm. Hope this info helps. Eric
doughboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #8
eng208
Not Yet Wild

This is what I needed to know. Thank you. I didn't want to go buy two enclosures and neither one of them fit. That would be bad.
Thanks,
Eng208
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO