lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Aldo
Not Yet Wild

Default small steps

I've got an 84 ezgo. I found a fuel pump now it runs if i choke the heck out of it (hand over air inlet on carb). and will only run for a little while. I am getting the idea that the float is way off causing a lean condition but i cant find the specs for setting the float. set float drop? static height? at what? Has anyone any suggestions to get me rolling?
Aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: small steps

I always set my floats "level". Not sure if this is right but it seems to work for me.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

If it only runs when it is fully choked, follow these steps:

1. remove carb from engine
2. remove bolt in bottom of carb and drain bowl. Clean all the innards well with carb cleaner
3. remove the main jet from the bolt you removed. Use a flat head screwdriver and make sure not to mar the soft metal.
4. Use a small wire to ensure the passageways are clear and blast carb cleaner through the holes. Wear eye protection!
5. hit it with some compressed air as a last resort to make sure it is clean clean clean. re-assemble and try it out!
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
Aldo
Not Yet Wild

I had all the above, at least once but with the lack of anything better at hand i did the clean it and guess the float location. It got closer, it runs well for extented periods with full choke and the aircleaner.
like i said earlier - small steps
Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Do you have plenty of fuel coming out of the fuel line? A clogged filter will cause the same symptoms.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
Aldo
Not Yet Wild

excellent question.
I've never experienced this pulse fuel pump. Although it is new i should be asking what kind of pressure and volume should it be delivering?
After reading other realted posts, am i correct that i have no vacuum lines and no carb spacer plate (to be cracked as is a common problem)
?
Old 11-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Are you sayng you don't have a carb spacer plate and no lines? The pump runs off of vaccum pulses created by the engine. I think the spacer plate is where you connect the fuel pump vaccum line. Not sure on the pressure, but if the pump is not working you won't have any pressure at all. Now...with the choke engaged you will suck some fuel (via vaccum) into the bowl. If your lucky it will run EXACTLY like you are describing.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
Aldo
Not Yet Wild

There is a pump spacer (its not cracked) I kept seeing mention of a carb spacer that i don't have.
I can actually drive the thing if i keep it choked. I think im done for the day.
Thanks everyone for the ideas.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO