lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #21
treestump
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: #90 Main Jet Drill Size

Well since I started this post I would like thank everybody who supported my question. This wasn't a spelling bee or a contest to see who had the best verbiage. It was a simple question what is the ID of a #90 jet.
As far as invalidsession goes. He was wrong again. An old racing trick is to use some solder and a propane torch to plug a oversized jet and redrill it. They are not toast. Its best to use the right size jet once you know the size. Track conditions change, heat and himidity are a factor so you couldn't always use the same jets. So the trick was to solder it closed and redrill if you didn't have the proper jets. And it was all done by trial and error. You always carried number drill sets with you. They come in two sets 1-60 and 61-80. the larger the # the smaller the bit. Now for the smaller carbs that we use we use the smaller set. If you want to check your ID you can use the body of the drill. The proper way is to use pin gauges that are precision ground to size.
Back when I drag raced we were trying to beat the other guy with hopes of breaking a track record. These are not HI-PO engines that we have mortgaged our homes to build. This is a way too have fun and co-exist with other golf cart enthusiast. I'm all for the fun and a new learning experience. With that said, can someone tell me what the ID of a #90 jet is?

Thanks Jim
treestump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #22
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Jim, I apologize from deviating the whole thread from it's original course. I just couldn't sit back and take all the destructive comments from invalidsession when my responses were only aimed at assisting you since there were no other replies... Jim, I know my response wasn't the answer for the ID on the #90 but I hope it helped or was a guide in some way, shape or form in your decision to proceed with boring it out.. I'm not sure about the ID but it would be nice to know or maybe nice to know where to find the tool to gauge it with. If you come up with something before I do, post it. I would like to know!! Thanks for your patience and I, once again apologize for the inconvenience. I think MR. Session was on the rag!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #23
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by treestump View Post
Well since I started this post I would like thank everybody who supported my question. This wasn't a spelling bee or a contest to see who had the best verbiage. It was a simple question what is the ID of a #90 jet.
As far as invalidsession goes. He was wrong again. An old racing trick is to use some solder and a propane torch to plug a oversized jet and redrill it. They are not toast. Its best to use the right size jet once you know the size. Track conditions change, heat and himidity are a factor so you couldn't always use the same jets. So the trick was to solder it closed and redrill if you didn't have the proper jets. And it was all done by trial and error. You always carried number drill sets with you. They come in two sets 1-60 and 61-80. the larger the # the smaller the bit. Now for the smaller carbs that we use we use the smaller set. If you want to check your ID you can use the body of the drill. The proper way is to use pin gauges that are precision ground to size.
Back when I drag raced we were trying to beat the other guy with hopes of breaking a track record. These are not HI-PO engines that we have mortgaged our homes to build. This is a way too have fun and co-exist with other golf cart enthusiast. I'm all for the fun and a new learning experience. With that said, can someone tell me what the ID of a #90 jet is?

Thanks Jim
Sincere thanks for the well meant comments boys but since we are dealing with an " Engineer" with many years of experience and another clown who acts like a sycophantic schoolboy desperate for the reassurance of his mothers teat could we please get back to basics ? Any "Engineer" worth his salt would understand the principle of measuring a drilled hole with the appropriate gauge and progress accordingly. Soldering up and re-drilling jets is just fine for the world of variable humidity and banger racing but it has bugger all to do with the real world of day to day operations. For crying out loud " Look honey, it's only gonna be 82.6 degrees today with a chance of showers and 60% humidity, hang on while I re-solder and drill out the jets on the "Ol EZ-GO" for optimum performance".
Are you people serious? Do you need get together and comfort yourselves with pleasant little pats on the back to assure each other that all is well in the land of fantasy ?
Slag me off all you want, it's your prerogative and a free world but please don't come back with half arsed/ home made comments that put you in the comfort zone based on your own self beliefs with F all back up.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #24
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you people serious? Do you need get together and comfort yourselves with pleasant little pats on the back to assure each other that all is well in the land of fantasy ?
Slag me off all you want, it's your prerogative and a free world but please don't come back with half arsed/ home made comments that put you in the comfort zone based on your own self beliefs with F all back up.

Chris

big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #25
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Sincere thanks for the well meant comments boys but since we are dealing with an " Engineer" with many years of experience and another clown who acts like a sycophantic schoolboy desperate for the reassurance of his mothers teat could we please get back to basics ? Any "Engineer" worth his salt would understand the principle of measuring a drilled hole with the appropriate gauge and progress accordingly. Soldering up and re-drilling jets is just fine for the world of variable humidity and banger racing but it has bugger all to do with the real world of day to day operations. For crying out loud " Look honey, it's only gonna be 82.6 degrees today with a chance of showers and 60% humidity, hang on while I re-solder and drill out the jets on the "Ol EZ-GO" for optimum performance".

Chris.

So far Chrissy, ( that's how I will refer to you now b/c you whine like a bi### ) you are the only one in need of a nipple b/c you act like a baby. Chrissy you really need professional help!! Not just any doctor, I mean a full fledged, collegiate, degree on the wall head doctor. And the only reason you have to get back to basics is b/c your dumb as# took a ride in the clouds with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell in Neverland where all you useless methods and sociopathic behavior might be useful and tolerated. Poor baby, go tell your mommy that somebody was mean to you. You aren't making any friends here by bashing the original thread poster. Talk about deluded. HA!
Round here it is 98 degrees, a 100% chance your a di## and a 100% chance you are in fact a snake that lurks quietly in the bushes waiting to strike at all the good people here at BGW. Nothing you've posted so far has been any help so why don't you go somewhere where your needed. Well, I can't really think of anywhere anyone would want you..HMMMM... Why don't you stick your thumb up your a## and go screw yourself. BTW, this site is all about working with what you have and making something out of nothing. Everyone else here is all together, you are the one that's not so leave. I can guarantee that your advice is not needed here so take your bruised ego and sorry a## back under the rock you crawled out from under. So go find your mommy and put her teat back in your mouth. I intend for all this to be taken personal so I hope that with the help of other members we drive you completely off this site. YOU WON'T BE MISSED!!Oh yeah, LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! KISS MY A##!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #26
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by treestump View Post

Thanks Jim
BTW, treestump is telling you that you are wrong!! You tellin' him that you appreciate it only backs the fact that you are lost!!
Old 07-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #27
BigRed77
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

it would be nice to know the actual size,
even if I dont have that exact size bit, I would like to know if I can get close
BigRed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #28
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
So far Chrissy, ( that's how I will refer to you now b/c you whine like a bi### ) you are the only one in need of a nipple b/c you act like a baby. Chrissy you really need professional help!! Not just any doctor, I mean a full fledged, collegiate, degree on the wall head doctor. And the only reason you have to get back to basics is b/c your dumb as# took a ride in the clouds with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell in Neverland where all you useless methods and sociopathic behavior might be useful and tolerated. Poor baby, go tell your mommy that somebody was mean to you. You aren't making any friends here by bashing the original thread poster. Talk about deluded. HA!
Round here it is 98 degrees, a 100% chance your a di## and a 100% chance you are in fact a snake that lurks quietly in the bushes waiting to strike at all the good people here at BGW. Nothing you've posted so far has been any help so why don't you go somewhere where your needed. Well, I can't really think of anywhere anyone would want you..HMMMM... Why don't you stick your thumb up your a## and go screw yourself. BTW, this site is all about working with what you have and making something out of nothing. Everyone else here is all together, you are the one that's not so leave. I can guarantee that your advice is not needed here so take your bruised ego and sorry a## back under the rock you crawled out from under. So go find your mommy and put her teat back in your mouth. I intend for all this to be taken personal so I hope that with the help of other members we drive you completely off this site. YOU WON'T BE MISSED!!Oh yeah, LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! KISS MY A##!!!
Dear mr. missing link, your responses and replies are abject in their futility. do you have nothing to say regarding jet sizing, or are we entering into a personal battle of wits? the former you have lost already, and the latter is predetermined.you, sir, are an arsehole! I suggest that before you make anymore unconsidered points, that you read the ABC of carburation.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #29
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Dear mr. missing link, your responses and replies are abject in their futility. do you have nothing to say regarding jet sizing, or are we entering into a personal battle of wits? the former you have lost already, and the latter is predetermined.you, sir, are an arsehole! I suggest that before you make anymore unconsidered points, that you read the ABC of carburation.

Chris
Apparently these responses are finding their intended nerve b/c your ego is still pushing you deeper in. The wits battle stopped with your own admission to your moronic screenname and personality INVALIDSESSION. Your a loser and your to retarted to realize it.. Your only protection is the empty space of the internet where you can mouth off aimlessly about things you obviously know nothing about. So hide behind that keyboard candya$$ and patch your beaten ego so you can muster up another useless reply... I've already made my contribution to treestump about what I did to correct my cart. Nothing more, nothing less. It was you that came out of neverland and started rudely bashing my reply, so don't talk to me with all the high and mighty talk you sissy... Unconsidered points seems to be your forte'.... ( OOHHH a big word like Chrissy ) And I've got the ABC's and the rest, apparently you got " CARBURETORS FOR DUMMIES " because you even spelled it wrong Mr. Spell Check... What was your comment, UUUUU UU LAST TIME I CHECKED SPELL CHECK WAS FREE!! Your a dumb a$$ and your continued responses only magnify your ignorance and incompetence so keep it up. Everybody else here already know your a douche so keep on, your future responses will be as transparent as the space b/w your ears.. Your a tool and you don't even know it.... I would tell you to ask a friend but I feel sure you would have as much luck finding one of those as you would finding a clue...
Old 07-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #30
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Her's the answer!!! jet size and drill # The jet size is mm-90jet is .9mm
50 #76
55 #74 approx.
60 #73
65 #71 approx.
70 #70
75 #69 approx.
80 #68
85 #66 approx.
90 #65
95 #63
100 #61
105 #59
110 #57
120 3/64th's
130 #55
140 #54 150 #53
160 1/16th's
165 #52 approx.
170 #51
180 #50
185 #49
195 #48
200 #47
205 #46
210 #45
220 #44
225 #43
230 #43 approx (close to 225)
245 #41
250 #40
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO